Minneapolis Favorite Tips by acemj
Minneapolis Favorites: 55 reviews and 46 photos
Favorite thing: The skyline of Minneapolis is somewhat eclectic with varying architectural styles. When I was here as a kid, it was basically just the IDS Center, but as you can see, things have changed. There is an active nightlife scene downtown as well as some great shopping and theaters. Because of the cold weather, there are skywalks connecting all of the buildings so that you don't have to walk outside at all.
Favorite thing: If you spend some time here, you'll find Minnesotans extremely welcoming folks.
However, at first Minnesotans sometimes come across as a bit reserved. They aren't necessarily the most outgoing and wild bunch, but when you get to know them, they are extremely warm and friendly and most important, genuine.
Favorite thing: The mighty Mississippi starts in Minnesota and divides the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. Unfortunately, the water is a bit too rough here for swimming, but it makes great photos and is still a major commercial thoroughfare.
Favorite thing: Not everyone is a conservative Midwesterner here. Head to the Hennepin Ave. area south of downtown and you'll find lots of variety.
Fondest memory: To see a hillside white with dogwood bloom is to know a particular ecstasy of beauty, but to walk the gray Winter woods and find the buds which will resurrect that beauty in another May is to partake of continuity.
- - - Hal Borland, New York Times, November 28, 1948
More Reviews (59)
- See All Light Rail
- See All Restaurant and bar/nightspot
- See All Arts abound
- See All Minneapolis Sculpture Garden
- See All A Pro Sports Town
- See All German style lagers . . .
acemj's Related Pages
Minneapolis Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "City of Waters"
- "A Terrific Town!"
- "Not Always The Great White North"
- "On Target in Minneapolis, Minnesota"
- "Minneapolis - City of Water"
- "Minneapolis, Minnesota"
- "The City of Lakes"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Minneapolis
- Hotels in Minneapolis
- Transportation in Minneapolis
- Nightlife in Minneapolis
- Restaurants in Minneapolis
- Shopping in Minneapolis
- Warnings and Dangers in Minneapolis
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Minneapolis
- 64 Reviews
- 89 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 53 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (95)
Have you been to Minneapolis?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Minneapolis
- Posted in Travel Barcelona Forum "Hair Salon near Center"
- updated a Minneapolis Travel Page "The Twin Cities of Minneapolis/St. Paul"
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Twin Cities of Minneapolis/St. Paul"
- Wrote a Review Light Rail in Minneapolis Transportation
- Commented on one of spanishguy's Minneapolis travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charlotte Intro, 208 reviews, 263 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Philadelphia Intro, 154 reviews, 181 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 105 reviews, 163 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mexico City Intro, 63 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 82 reviews, 115 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reykjavík Intro, 50 reviews, 138 photos, 5 travelogues
- Quito Intro, 47 reviews, 132 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dublin Intro, 86 reviews, 87 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 74 reviews, 92 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lisbon Intro, 80 reviews, 80 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (119)
- Mall of America- 30 Reviews, 40 Photos
- Downtown- 36 Reviews, 83 Photos
- Minnehaha Creek / Falls- 12 Reviews, 29 Photos
- Nicollet Mall- 13 Reviews, 21 Photos
- Walker Art Center / Sculpture Garden- 19 Reviews, 29 Photos
- Minnesota Zoo- 6 Reviews, 9 Photos
- Seasonal Events- 12 Reviews, 30 Photos
- ST.PAUL- 20 Reviews, 28 Photos
- Other Art / Architecture / Musuems- 19 Reviews, 52 Photos
- Mills / Mill Ruins Park- 9 Reviews, 22 Photos
See All Minneapolis Things to Do