Chicago Things to Do Tips by acemj
Chicago Things to Do: 1,613 reviews and 3,074 photos
Tons of sculptures, a children's museum, a ferris wheel. Just a great place to hang out.
The pier was first opened in 1916 for shipping and entertainment purposes. Then, during WWI and WWII it was used for military training. These days it's a great place to people watch and to grab a bite at one of the many restaurants. Also check out the Crystal Garden, a beautiful glass atrium full of all sorts of plants and trees.
Address: E. Grand Ave.
This stretch of road is packed with things to see and do. It's also one of the most exclusive streets in America. There's great shopping to be found including Tiffany's and FAO Schwarz.
Address: Michigan Ave.
Buckingham Fountain is located in Grants Park and is one of the world's largest fountain. It was given to the city as a gift from the widow of Clarence Buckingham in 1927.
Address: Columbus Drive
The Chicago Bulls will forever be linked with the greatest player of all-time, Michael Jordan.
This is a picture of his last shot in the NBA, which clinched his 6th championship.
The Art Institute is a school and a museum containing one of the most distinctive modern art collections in the world, including artists such as Andy Warhol, Jackson Pollock, Georgian O'Keefe, Matisse, Monet and Picasso.
Address: 111 South Michigan Ave.
Other Contact: $10/adults; Tuesdays are FREE
Chicago is known for its arts and has a wide array of museums, galleries as well as world class musical performers. The Chicago Symphony Orchestra is led by current music director, Daniel Barenboim. See the website for more information.
Address: Symphony Center, 220 S. Michigan Ave
Take a river tour of Chicago's architecture.
This is a great, romantic and educational way to learn about the architecture in the city.
Address: Chicago River.
Chicago is the home of modern architecture, but it's most well-known for its giant skyscrapers. However, Chicago also has many of the homes and other structures designed by the famous, trailblazing architect Frank Lloyd Wright.
Wright was born in neighboring Wisconsin, but came to Chicago when he was 20 and studied under another famous architect, Louis Sullivan. Later, Wright became famous for his prairie-style of residential architecture.
Check out some of the pioneering architecture of Louis Sullivan. This is the Jeweler's Building on Wabash Ave where you'll find a number of examples of his work.
The Sears Tower, formerly the tallest building in the world, is still the tallest in the US.
Go to the observation deck to get the best views of the city.
More Reviews (17)
acemj's Related Pages
Chicago Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The place I call home"
- "Captivating City of "The Big Shoulders": Chicago"
- "Never A Lovely So Real"
- "Chicago - My Favorite City in the United States!"
- "Sweet Home Chicago!"
- "Chicago - I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chicago
- Hotels in Chicago
- Transportation in Chicago
- Nightlife in Chicago
- Restaurants in Chicago
- Shopping in Chicago
- Warnings and Dangers in Chicago
- See All...
Explore the World
- Matsalu Hotels
- Zanzibar Town Hotels
- Saunders Point Hotels
- Panguitch Lake Resort Hotels
Badges & Stats in Chicago
- 27 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 74 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (69)
Have you been to Chicago?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chicago
- Posted in Travel Barcelona Forum "Hair Salon near Center"
- Commented on one of Nemorino's Chicago travel pages
- updated a Chicago Travel Page "Chicago. Purely American."
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Magnificent Mile"
- Wrote a Review Take a river tour of Chicago's... about The Chicago River in Chicago Things to Do
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charlotte Intro, 208 reviews, 263 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Philadelphia Intro, 154 reviews, 181 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 105 reviews, 163 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mexico City Intro, 63 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 82 reviews, 115 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reykjavík Intro, 50 reviews, 138 photos, 5 travelogues
- Quito Intro, 47 reviews, 132 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dublin Intro, 86 reviews, 87 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 74 reviews, 92 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lisbon Intro, 80 reviews, 80 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (120)
Latest Chicago hotel reviews
- Best Western Hawthorne Terrace
- 194 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 12, 2013
- Hard Rock Hotel Chicago
- 1011 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 19, 2013
- Milshire Hotel
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 24, 2011
- Bellwood Hotel
- 12 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 12, 2012
- University Club of Chicago
- 19 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 7, 2013
- Best Western Grant Park Hotel
- 320 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore Hotel
- 70 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- Hotel Majestic
- 195 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- Delaware Towers
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 1, 2003
- Acres Motel
- 1 Review & Opinion
- 815 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- Michigan Avenue- 86 Reviews, 140 Photos
- Willis Tower (Formerly Sears Tower)- 107 Reviews, 194 Photos
- John Hancock Center- 100 Reviews, 182 Photos
- Millennium Park- 84 Reviews, 235 Photos
- Navy Pier- 106 Reviews, 223 Photos
- Lake Michigan & Lincoln Park- 52 Reviews, 81 Photos
- Art Institute- 89 Reviews, 148 Photos
- Field Museum of Natural History- 67 Reviews, 118 Photos
- Wrigley Field - Chicago Cubs- 34 Reviews, 86 Photos
- Shedd Aquarium- 54 Reviews, 97 Photos
See All Chicago Things to Do