"A Quick Trip to Stone Mountain" Stone Mountain by acemj
Stone Mountain Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 47 photos
Not much here. Just a quick shot of Stone Mountain.
If you're interested in history this place is worth a stop if you're in the Atlanta area.
Stone Mountain Park is one of the most visited tourist attractions in the country. The famous relief carving is the largest in the world carved into the world's largest mass of exposed granite. Often referred to as "the 8th wonder of the world," the carving depicts three heroes of the Civil War, President Jefferson Davis, General Robert E. Lee, and Lt. General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson. The park is more than just the monument. It aslo includes 3,200 acres of breathtaking scenery, pristine lakes, forestland, spectacular flora and miles of nature trails.
Stone Mountain Park is located only 16 miles east of downtown Atlanta off U.S. Highway 78. Park Gates are open daily from 6 AM until midnight.
acemj's Related Pages
Stone Mountain Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Stone Mountain GA."
- "stone mountain georgia"
- "A Quick Trip to Stone Mountain"
- "lorigirl's new Stone Mountain Page"
- "Mount Granite"
- "mcharlton's new Stone Mountain Page"
- "LittleCanoe's Stone Mountain Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Stone Mountain
- Hotels in Stone Mountain
- Restaurants in Stone Mountain
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Stone Mountain
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (70)
Have you been to Stone Mountain?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Stone Mountain
Photos in Stone MountainSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charlotte Intro, 208 reviews, 263 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Philadelphia Intro, 154 reviews, 181 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 105 reviews, 163 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mexico City Intro, 63 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 82 reviews, 115 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reykjavík Intro, 50 reviews, 138 photos, 5 travelogues
- Quito Intro, 47 reviews, 132 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dublin Intro, 86 reviews, 87 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 74 reviews, 92 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lisbon Intro, 80 reviews, 80 photos