"San Francisco's many treats" San Francisco by acemj
San Francisco Travel Guide: 9,189 reviews and 19,572 photos
They say that the West Coast is a little informal. They say that the good weather makes people a little too laid back. They say that West Coast cuisine is unrefined. They say that all the good museums are in the Northeast.
Well, I say, "they must not have visited San Francisco lately."
San Fran is certainly the most East Coast-ish city out West. The city truly is a city. It's not like Los Angeles, where everybody drives and nobody uses public transportation. San Franciscans walk to the bakery, they go to the opera and they eat very, very well.
The one drawback here is that it is unbelievably expensive. If you don't have at least half a million bucks, forget about buying a home here. While the boom of the late nineties is over, there are still a ton of wealthy folks here and it remains the most wired city in America, so you won't have any trouble finding a WiFi hot spot or simply an internet cafe.
Of course, San Francisco has its recognizable landmarks like the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz and the Transamerica Building, but don't forget to look deeper and you're sure to be rewarded.
This building was once the Public Library, but now houses the Asian Art Museum in San Francisco's Civic Center area. The... more travel advice
This free museum is built in what's called Nautical Deco (seriously!!!). It's Art Deco shaped like a boat. Hey, I didn't... more travel advice
- See All When you gotta go . . .
- See All Another great place for coffee
- Books and history all in one
- See All Taxi
- See All The bay
acemj's Related Pages
San Francisco Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bagdad by the Bay"
- "San Francisco - My Favorie City - By Default"
- "San Francisco - "It's a free-for-all up there!""
- "SFO ... a declassé love letter to the CITY"
- "San Francisco: Why this heart never leaves"
- "I Left My Heart..."
- "San Francisco is Really Shaking Things Up!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in San Francisco
- Hotels in San Francisco
- Transportation in San Francisco
- Nightlife in San Francisco
- Restaurants in San Francisco
- Shopping in San Francisco
- Warnings and Dangers in San Francisco
- See All...
Badges & Stats in San Francisco
- 82 Reviews
- 115 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 59 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (95)
Have you been to San Francisco?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Francisco
- updated a San Francisco Travel Page "San Francisco's many treats"
- Posted in Travel Barcelona Forum "Hair Salon near Center"
- Uploaded a Photo to "It will make you say, "Mamma Mia!!""
- Commented on one of ATXtraveler's San Francisco travel pages
- Wrote a Review Asian Art Museum about Asian Art Museum of San Francisco in San Francisco Things to Do
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charlotte Intro, 208 reviews, 263 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Philadelphia Intro, 154 reviews, 181 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 105 reviews, 163 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mexico City Intro, 63 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 82 reviews, 115 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reykjavík Intro, 50 reviews, 138 photos, 5 travelogues
- Quito Intro, 47 reviews, 132 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dublin Intro, 86 reviews, 87 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 74 reviews, 92 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lisbon Intro, 80 reviews, 80 photos