"San Francisco's many treats" San Francisco by acemj

San Francisco Travel Guide: 9,131 reviews and 19,420 photos

They say that the West Coast is a little informal. They say that the good weather makes people a little too laid back. They say that West Coast cuisine is unrefined. They say that all the good museums are in the Northeast.
Well, I say, "they must not have visited San Francisco lately."

San Fran is certainly the most East Coast-ish city out West. The city truly is a city. It's not like Los Angeles, where everybody drives and nobody uses public transportation. San Franciscans walk to the bakery, they go to the opera and they eat very, very well.

The one drawback here is that it is unbelievably expensive. If you don't have at least half a million bucks, forget about buying a home here. While the boom of the late nineties is over, there are still a ton of wealthy folks here and it remains the most wired city in America, so you won't have any trouble finding a WiFi hot spot or simply an internet cafe.

Of course, San Francisco has its recognizable landmarks like the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz and the Transamerica Building, but don't forget to look deeper and you're sure to be rewarded.

The view up towards the Financial District and Telegraph hill from Pier 39 . . .

Gina and me getting blurry in Haight-Ashbury . . .

• Last visit to San Francisco: Sep 2013
  • Intro Updated Sep 26, 2013

• Dec 16, 2008 at 9:41 PM

REALLY, MUNI SUCKS.

• makiro's Profile Photo
    Jul 19, 2007 at 6:27 PM

I love visiting SF...and was considering the York for next time...is the area okay...just wondering. Thanks for the good tips, Rob.

• wvbob88's Profile Photo
    May 31, 2007 at 12:01 AM

great shot, I shall try it when we get there. That's if I can get my wife to walk some of the hills. Beers and cheers from England.

• jo104's Profile Photo
    Oct 3, 2006 at 5:30 AM

Thanks for sharing your excellent San Francisco pages its becoming more apparent that I should make S.F my first American port of call :-)

• King_Golo's Profile Photo
    Apr 21, 2006 at 4:07 PM

gotta get back to san francisco! especially after seeing your golden gate bridge pics!

• K.Knight's Profile Photo
    Jan 2, 2006 at 3:33 AM

Mark, your San Francisco page sure does bring back memories for me...I hope to return there one day.

• DPando's Profile Photo
    Dec 31, 2005 at 4:26 AM

such a wonderful page mate !!! congratulations

• Gwynneth's Profile Photo
    Jun 24, 2005 at 12:25 AM

Love the 'colour' of San Francisco! Stayed in the Castro for almost two weeks and learned a whole lot more about life! Greetings from Australia and me!

• hgchuy's Profile Photo
    Feb 2, 2005 at 8:25 PM

Well Mark, Cha cha cha is a Cuban dance, and santeria is Cuban too, so I think you were at a Cuban restaurant.

• spgood301's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2005 at 8:34 PM

Hey Mark, good stuff on your SF page-I'm picking up things I didn't know. More to do while I'm out here.

acemj

“Be a life savor(er)”

Badges & Stats in San Francisco

Have you been to San Francisco?