"Spain" Spain by acemj

Spain Travel Guide: 54,410 reviews and 142,075 photos

My first trip to Spain was in March of 2001. The plan was to spend my seventeen days seeing as much as possible, but after a few days in Barcelona, I just couldn't bring myself to leave. I spent all seventeen days in Barcelona and never regretted it. It was truly love at first sight and started an annual ritual of revisiting my favorite country on earth.

Since that first trip in March of 2001, I have been back three more times.
I was in Madrid in 2002, 2003 and 2004 and have also visited Toledo, Sevilla, Cadiz, San Lorenzo de El Escorial, Segovia and Salamanca.

UPDATE: I'M COMING BACK, SPAIN! SEE YOU IN MADRID-GRANADA-BARCELONA BETWEEN APRIL 23, 2009 TO MAY 4, 2009!

I have just one compliment for Spain. I live in the United States, but if I ever decided to live in another country, I'd move straight to Spain. It's an amazing country, with warm and vibrant people (sorry, that was more than one compliment).

This page is only intended to give you a general overview, just a taste, of this amazing land. Check out my individual city locations for more detailed information.

• Last visit to Spain: Oct 2004
  • Intro Updated Apr 4, 2009

• SURFIN7TH's Profile Photo
    Nov 13, 2006 at 7:31 AM

When I was in Madrid and feeling a little homesick, I happened apon that painting while walking around Reina Sofia Museum. It instantly soothed me and I spent a long time enjoying what is now one of my favorite paintings.

• Geisha_Girl's Profile Photo
    Jan 28, 2004 at 10:27 AM

Mark, your love for this country makes you sort of like the modern-day Hemingway. (minus the alcoholism and dark, brooding side of course!) ;-) Your passion for Spain reflects in your pages!

• dr.firas's Profile Photo
    Jan 7, 2004 at 4:11 AM

Wow Mark, Great page of your Visit to Spain I hope to see this great country soon!

• MEdelmann's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2003 at 1:14 PM

A great page showing all the vibrance and culture of Spain. I agree about the Spanish wines, they should be not missed ... and Ribera del Duero is the place where some people say it is the cradle of spanish culture ....

• Amitu's Profile Photo
    Apr 28, 2003 at 2:11 PM

Great overviews of the vibrant and cultural corner of the world-spain was incredible what everything it had to offer-nice work , Mark

• eiskje's Profile Photo
    Apr 8, 2003 at 12:32 PM

I love Spain, can't get enough of i't's history, language, food, sights and people. Did I leave somethingout? ;-)

• Mar 19, 2003 at 7:38 AM

i fell in love with spain.. i'm definitly flying there..

• piersend's Profile Photo
    Mar 14, 2003 at 7:32 AM

Great page I love Spain too!

• steph4867's Profile Photo
    Mar 13, 2003 at 9:39 AM

After reading your pages I think I might have Mom convinced that we should go to Spain in October. When I see you next month we'll talk about an itinerary.

• Feb 11, 2003 at 1:36 PM