"Munich" Top 5 Page for this destination Munich by acemj
Munich Travel Guide: 4,378 reviews and 10,244 photos
The capital of Bavaria is one of Germany's most popular cities to visit. For me, visiting Munich was part of a trip that took me through the Austrian lake district to Vienna and all the way to Bratislava, Slovakia. I had just quit my job in Charlotte, North Carolina and was planning a move to Philadelphia when I decided to give myself a break before starting a new job and moving to a new city.
Flying into Munich proved to be the easiest way to begin my trip and it just so happened that it was a German city that I had somehow missed in my previous travels. To top it off, it was also an opportunity to meet two of my favorite VTers, richiecdisc (Richie) and DoreenDe (Doreen).
Munich did not disappoint. It offers a unique experience of Bavarian culture, rich architectural gems, wonderful arts and, of course, it is arguably the beer capital of the world. Despite the grand architecture, wide boulevards and famous museums, the city has a laid back feel that makes it very approachable and welcoming (or maybe that was just my buzz making me feel mellow . . . ).
The highlight of my trip to Munich was meeting and hanging out with Richie and Doreen. They were very generous with their time and a pleasure to get to know as real-life friends. If you don't already know, Richie is a walking beer dictionary who has combined his love for hops and barley with travel to make some of the best pages on Virtual Tourist. And Doreen is now his other true love. I like to think of her as the fine wine to Richie's down-to-earth, malty goodness. ;-)
There are a couple biergartens in the English Garden, but the 'Chinesischer Turm' is the most centrally-located and... more travel advice
Munich is a modern place. Don't worry about any hassles with staying in touch. There's an Easy Everything Internet place... more travel advice
- See All Postal Info
- See All Speak fast
- Bring an umbrella for sure
- See All Historic place and a great location
acemj's Related Pages
Munich Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Munich - Oktoberfest & a lot more !"
- "Brezn, Bier and Beautiful Days in Munich"
- "Munich is nature, art, events and culture"
- "The Big Village"
- "Munich - my current hometown"
- "Munich and Surroundings"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Munich
- Hotels in Munich
- Transportation in Munich
- Nightlife in Munich
- Restaurants in Munich
- Shopping in Munich
- Warnings and Dangers in Munich
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Munich
- 56 Reviews
- 83 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (71)
Have you been to Munich?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Munich
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charlotte Intro, 208 reviews, 263 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Philadelphia Intro, 154 reviews, 181 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 105 reviews, 163 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mexico City Intro, 63 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 82 reviews, 115 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reykjavík Intro, 50 reviews, 138 photos, 5 travelogues
- Quito Intro, 47 reviews, 132 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dublin Intro, 86 reviews, 87 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 74 reviews, 92 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lisbon Intro, 80 reviews, 80 photos