"Eating like peasants among royalty" Niepolomice by acemj
Niepolomice Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 15 photos
Maciek, Urszula and I stopped in Niepolomice briefly to check out the palace and to grab some lunch. However, we ended up eating like peasants in this royal place! Oh well, the palace was cool.
Kazimierz the Great built the palace here because it is located next to a large forest (also called Niepolomice) where he would come to hunt and enjoy the land. Over the centuries, many Polish kings used Niepolomice as a place of leisure and sport. It is one of the few places in Europe where bison still roam freely and today, the forest can be enjoyed by not only tourists, but by commoners too.
Maciek, Urszula and I all agreed that the food here wasn't too good. Originally, we tried to eat at the restaurant... more travel advice
acemj's Related Pages
Niepolomice Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Niepolomice - small town and great wood"
- "Eating like peasants among royalty"
- "NIEPOLOMICE,THE HUNTING GROUND OF KINGS AND QUEENS"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Niepolomice
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (95)
Have you been to Niepolomice?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Niepolomice
Photos in NiepolomiceSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charlotte Intro, 208 reviews, 263 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Philadelphia Intro, 154 reviews, 181 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 105 reviews, 163 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mexico City Intro, 63 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 82 reviews, 115 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reykjavík Intro, 50 reviews, 138 photos, 5 travelogues
- Quito Intro, 47 reviews, 132 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dublin Intro, 86 reviews, 87 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 74 reviews, 92 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lisbon Intro, 80 reviews, 80 photos