"Baltic bliss in Sopot" Top 5 Page for this destination Sopot by acemj

Sopot Travel Guide: 157 reviews and 484 photos

Sopot is a town of leisure and enjoyment. Sure, its roots are as a hard-working fishing town, but for nearly the past 200 years it has been more well-known for its beaches and wealthy visitors than for the catch of the day.

I was lucky enough to have met someone in Gdansk who was willing to show me around the place. Since it's just a short train ride away, if you're in Gdansk, Sopot surely is worth a few hours of your time at the very least. Try some fresh seafood, enjoy the relaxed atmosphere of the main street, Monte Cassino, and catch some sun on Europe's longest pier, the Molo.

• Last visit to Sopot: Oct 2005
  • Intro Updated Oct 15, 2005

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Feb 28, 2007 at 4:16 AM

Under The Molo, out in the sun. Under The Molo, we'll be having some fun. UNDER THE MOLO, MOLO!

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Jul 6, 2006 at 4:47 PM

I'm on my way to Sopot and Gdansk this summer. Can' t wait.

• sirenna's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2005 at 9:31 AM

Just stopped by on my virtual travels - great tips and photos, hi from the Philippines.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Oct 23, 2005 at 11:09 AM

Sopot looks like quite an interesting little spot, especially if you could fully enjoy the Baltic shore in Summer weather! I was also impressed by that fancy lighthouse and the weirdly shaped shopping mall !!

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Oct 18, 2005 at 2:31 PM

Mark, I still can't believe it...you see I met VT member zaffaran in Sopot ... anyway, fantastic page, brings back many memories.

• zaffaran's Profile Photo
    Oct 17, 2005 at 1:49 PM

Why haven't you posted a meeting?! We could have been there together! :-)) Hahaha!We ALMOST met- on Oct. 1st we had a small VT meeting with Horscheck in Tawerna Rybaki. You should have posted a meeting!

• sihi's Profile Photo
    Oct 15, 2005 at 6:37 PM

Amazing page and pictures of this resort. Building of Centrum Rezydent is really unique.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Oct 15, 2005 at 3:22 PM

Awesome pictures. And right, the beach in Sopot is busy but great in summer time.

• Gosia78's Profile Photo