"Torun . . . a pleasant discovery" Top 5 Page for this destination Torun by acemj
Torun Travel Guide: 251 reviews and 496 photos
When I first looked at the map of Poland, going all the way up to Gdansk on the Baltic coast intrigued me, but stopping along the way didn't enter my mind. It wasn't until a couple VT members suggested it that I decided to stop in Torun (thanks gosia78 and matcrazy1!).
My trip here is just another example of why this website is great. I discovered a place that I never would have found. And what a place!
Torun is a charming town with a well-preserved Old Town full of beautiful architecture and since 1997 it has been on the Unesco World Heritage List. Imposing brick facades and decorative Baroque facades surround you as you stroll around in the birthplace of Nicolaus Copernicus.
It's about equidistant to Warsaw and Gdansk - far enough that it doesn't make too much sense as a day trip, but interesting enough to spend at least one night. If you're headed up to the Baltic Coast and have an extra 24 hours or so, consider spending it munching on gingerbread and admiring the Old Town of Torun.
This is a cool art gallery which features mostly Polish artists focusing on graphic art, painting and photography. There... more travel advice
I didn't have time to visit the Planetarium, but it is supposedly the most technically advanced planetarium in Poland.... more travel advice
- See All Just outside the walls
- See All Not much action here
- See All Plenty to choose from
- See All The Pied Piper of Torun?
acemj's Related Pages
Torun Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "TORUN - real gem"
- "Torun . . . a pleasant discovery"
- "Architecture, Astronomy and ... Gingerbreads"
- "Torun - little Cracow"
- "Of Brick and Gingerbread"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Torun
- Hotels in Torun
- Transportation in Torun
- Nightlife in Torun
- Restaurants in Torun
- Shopping in Torun
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Torun
- 37 Reviews
- 50 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (70)
Have you been to Torun?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Torun
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charlotte Intro, 208 reviews, 263 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Philadelphia Intro, 154 reviews, 181 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 105 reviews, 163 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mexico City Intro, 63 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 82 reviews, 115 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reykjavík Intro, 50 reviews, 138 photos, 5 travelogues
- Quito Intro, 47 reviews, 132 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dublin Intro, 86 reviews, 87 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 74 reviews, 92 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lisbon Intro, 80 reviews, 80 photos