"Aim High in Zakopane" Top 5 Page for this destination Zakopane by acemj

Zakopane Travel Guide: 360 reviews and 855 photos

Before I set foot in Poland, I knew that I wanted to visit the Tatras Mountains and Zakopane, so it was with great anticipation that I visited in October of 2005. Zakopane is the most popular base for tourists visiting the mountains in both summer and winter and as a result, it has plenty of good hotels and restaurants. There are some interesting religious buildings here, a nice market and an interesting highland culture that's worthy of exploration. However, I came here for the mountains and hiking on high is what I'll remember most.

• Last visit to Zakopane: Oct 2005
  • Intro Updated Oct 29, 2005

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    May 5, 2009 at 7:45 AM

Just me nosing around again.

• margaretvn's Profile Photo
    Feb 18, 2007 at 3:05 AM

great tips and I enjoyed your page. Hope to get there this year. the music of Karol Szymanowski is lovely!

• Nov 25, 2006 at 11:20 AM

Some of the best semi-firm cheese ever.....pan fry it with a little butter, and eat with a little jam! Great.

• barryg23's Profile Photo
    Aug 15, 2006 at 12:10 PM

Excellent page Mark, it answers a lot of questiosn I have about Zakopane. I will be there in 2 weeks for a couple of days on my way to Slovakia. Do you think 2 days is enough here?

• belgradegirl's Profile Photo
    Jul 11, 2006 at 4:56 AM

Your tips are really informative and useful. And the photos on your pages are stunning. Great!

• hardclimb's Profile Photo
    May 14, 2006 at 4:42 AM

Heading for Zakopane and The Tatras in June. Found your information very helpful. Thanks and enjoy your Travels - Hardclimb.

• Diana75's Profile Photo
    Apr 18, 2006 at 5:16 AM

St. Clement Church is remarkable. I stopped only for a night in Zakopane and unfortunately I missed all these attractions. You have great pictures here and definitely so interesting comments.

• budapest8's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2005 at 7:19 AM

Very enjoyable first visit to your pages. Looks like you had the same good weather as we had here in Hungary. Look forward to seeing your Krakow photos and tips. Greetings from an expat in Budapest..Tim

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Nov 13, 2005 at 6:25 PM

Hope your Mexican trip is as fun as your trip to Poland was--I enjoyed the Zakopane pages. I've never heard of it, but am glad you shared it with us.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2005 at 2:22 PM

Interesting new page with fine mountain photos...

acemj

“Be a life savor(er)”

Badges & Stats in Zakopane

Have you been to Zakopane?

Latest Activity in Zakopane