"Praha: Almost too beautiful to be real!" Prague by acemj
Prague Travel Guide: 11,872 reviews and 24,810 photos
I've heard that this place was influential in some of the architectural designs at Disneyland. If you ask me, that's an insult to Prague! Disneyland is a land of make believe, a product of the mind of one man named Walt. Prague is the product of time. Hundreds of years of lives lived in its environs, of meals cooked, of babies birthed, of histories unfolded, all of which mark it indelibly with a character with which Uncle Walt's world cannot compete.
The streets of Prague (or Praha) are worn. Walking through Old Town, I began to wonder if the wear and tear was due to the age of the place or all of the many tourists that the fall of Communism has ushered in. Nevertheless, it is not the street surface that will draw your attention. The entire city is like a giant tapestry, perfectly varied in its design, full of a splendid array of outstanding and exemplary architecture. Gothic towers, Baroque facades, and Romanesque columns surround you as you weave your way through the twisting streets of Old Town.
One of the more peaceful parts of the city when I was there, was Charles Square. It was founded by Charles IV as a... more travel advice
Prague offers wild dance clubs, smoky bars and classy music venues like the Rudolfinum, the home of Dvorak Hall which is... more travel advice
- See All Train
- See All They're everywhere!!
- Fresh fruits, souvenirs, etc. . . .
- Packing List
acemj's Related Pages
Prague Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "What a great and romantic place !"
- "The beautiful town of Prague"
- "Praha is amazing!"
- "Peramble Around Prague"
- "WOW! WHAT A WONDERFUL CITY!"
- "prague czech republic"
- "Prague-One of Europe's Best"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Prague
- Hotels in Prague
- Transportation in Prague
- Nightlife in Prague
- Restaurants in Prague
- Shopping in Prague
- Warnings and Dangers in Prague
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Prague
- 36 Reviews
- 68 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 195 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (71)
Have you been to Prague?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Prague
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charlotte Intro, 208 reviews, 263 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Philadelphia Intro, 154 reviews, 181 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 105 reviews, 163 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mexico City Intro, 63 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 82 reviews, 115 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reykjavík Intro, 50 reviews, 138 photos, 5 travelogues
- Quito Intro, 47 reviews, 132 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dublin Intro, 86 reviews, 87 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 74 reviews, 92 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lisbon Intro, 80 reviews, 80 photos