Dubrovnik Sports & Outdoors Tips by acemj Top 5 Page for this destination
Dubrovnik Sports & Outdoors: 8 reviews and 9 photos
Some people come to Croatia just to sail in the Adriatic Sea. One look at the glistening blue water and the beautiful coastline will tell you why. Island hopping in this area of the world is one of the most pleasurable sports I can think of. Check out this site for some information on a yacht charter in Dubrovnik.
Like pretty much everywhere else on earth, soccer is a passion in Dubrovnik although not to the degree that the locals in Split and Zagreb are nutty about their respective teams. These kids, however, were having a great time kicking the ball around in the Old Town.
Basketball is a popular sport in Croatia and the country's national team has had a lot of success on the international level. Most notably, at the Barcelona Olympics in 1992 they won the silver medal losing only to the greatest team of all-time, the USA's Dream Team featuring Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson and Larry Bird. Some of the best Croatian-born players include Toni Kukoc, Dino Radja and the late, great Drazen Petrovic. Drazen died in a car accident in 1993, but I remember him as a great player for the New Jersey Nets and one of the best pure shooters I've ever seen.
I took this picture at the port in front of the Old Town. Maybe the reason Croatian players are such good shooters is the placement of the hoops. If you missed a shot long on this hoop, the ball would end up floating in the Adriatic!
More Reviews (54)
- See All Great, if only they had a license!
- See All War wound
- See All Okay, my fondest memory . . .
- VT is a trap!!
- See All Franciscan monastery
- See All Test your manhood
acemj's Related Pages
Dubrovnik Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "DUBROVNIK , the Pearl of Croatia"
- "Dubrovnik and the beauty inside"
- "Dubrovnik - Ragusa"
- "Divine Dubrovnik"
- "Unavoidable Dubrovnik"
- "A Lovely Village Inside a Wall"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dubrovnik
- Hotels in Dubrovnik
- Transportation in Dubrovnik
- Nightlife in Dubrovnik
- Restaurants in Dubrovnik
- Shopping in Dubrovnik
- Warnings and Dangers in Dubrovnik
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dubrovnik
- 57 Reviews
- 84 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 38 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (95)
Have you been to Dubrovnik?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dubrovnik
- Posted in Travel Barcelona Forum "Hair Salon near Center"
- Commented on one of bonaventura's Dubrovnik travel pages
- updated a Dubrovnik Travel Page "Dubrovnik and the beauty inside"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Dubrovnik and the beauty inside"
- Wrote a Review Great, if only they had a license! about Cervantes Tapas Bar in Dubrovnik Nightlife
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charlotte Intro, 208 reviews, 263 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Philadelphia Intro, 154 reviews, 181 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 105 reviews, 163 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mexico City Intro, 63 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 82 reviews, 115 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reykjavík Intro, 50 reviews, 138 photos, 5 travelogues
- Quito Intro, 47 reviews, 132 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dublin Intro, 86 reviews, 87 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 74 reviews, 92 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lisbon Intro, 80 reviews, 80 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (120)
- City walls- 111 Reviews, 222 Photos
- Stradun- 43 Reviews, 91 Photos
- Island of Lokrum- 21 Reviews, 48 Photos
- Old City- 87 Reviews, 163 Photos
- Fort Lovrijenac- 23 Reviews, 52 Photos
- Franciscan Monastery- 26 Reviews, 80 Photos
- Walking- 31 Reviews, 63 Photos
- Rector's Palace- 28 Reviews, 70 Photos
- Big Onofrije's Fountain- 28 Reviews, 54 Photos
- Old Port- 24 Reviews, 64 Photos
See All Dubrovnik Things to Do