"Trogir, Croatia" Top 5 Page for this destination Trogir by acemj
Trogir Travel Guide: 198 reviews and 673 photos
I visited Trogir on a day trip from nearby Split and enjoyed every calming, breezy moment of my short stay. The main sights are all centered in the medieval center, which is really an island sandwiched between the mainland and the island of Ciovo. You could literally walk the perimeter of the Old Town in a half hour, but Trogir is the type of place that is best seen at a leisurely pace. I arrived from Split in the late morning and after getting my bearings by walking along the waterfront promenade and enjoying a slow meal, I spent the rest of the afternoon just wandering the narrow streets trying to be observant of every crooked stone and timeworn shutter. Take your time and make it your goal to relax and allow the atmosphere to be soothing and not rushed. There is not one single sight here that is utterly overwhelming, but taken as a whole, the town with all its beige stone charm is picturesque and truly satisfying to visit.
The day I was in Trogir was gorgeous although it was a little cool. The breeze coming off the water was fresh, but... more travel advice
Trogir's most dominant features to me, were its waterfront promenade and its main central square, Trg Ivana Pavla II... more travel advice
acemj's Related Pages
Trogir Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Trogir, an island from the Middle Ages"
- "Trogir - the gem of Adriatic"
- "Trogir, Croatia"
- "A Town for Strolling the Promenade"
- "Paradise in little"
- "Trogir - the UNESCO world heritage museum town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Trogir
- Hotels in Trogir
- Transportation in Trogir
- Nightlife in Trogir
- Restaurants in Trogir
- Shopping in Trogir
- Warnings and Dangers in Trogir
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Trogir
- 18 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 21 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (71)
Have you been to Trogir?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Trogir
Photos in TrogirSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charlotte Intro, 208 reviews, 263 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Philadelphia Intro, 154 reviews, 181 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 105 reviews, 163 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mexico City Intro, 63 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 82 reviews, 115 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reykjavík Intro, 50 reviews, 138 photos, 5 travelogues
- Quito Intro, 47 reviews, 132 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dublin Intro, 86 reviews, 87 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 74 reviews, 92 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lisbon Intro, 80 reviews, 80 photos