"Sankt Gilgen" Top 5 Page for this destination Sankt Gilgen by acemj
Sankt Gilgen Travel Guide: 39 reviews and 112 photos
Sankt Gilgen is one of the many charming towns in the Austrian lake district known as the Salzkammergut, a short drive to the east of Salzburg. VTer globetrott (Michael) and I spent a few hours checking out the town and admiring the beautiful setting on the shores of the Wolfgansee.
Historically, St. Gilgen is most well-known as the birthplace of Mozart's mother and as a prominent lace-making center in 18th century Austria. However, it would be a stretch to say that St. Gilgen's better days are behind her. In fact, the town remains a popular place for both Austrian and foreign visitors to spend part or all of their vacations.
One of the best parts of traveling is the food and while in St. Gilgen, Michael and I had a decent meal of Wiener Schnitzel and some local beverages. However, the best part of my time here was simply sitting in the warm sun and sharing good conversation with a new friend.
Historically, Sankt Gilgen has been a wealthy man's playground for a long time. Even today, many of Salzburg's wealthier... more travel advice
Lederhosen is a German word for leather trousers and at one time they were commonly worn throughout Bavaria as well as... more travel advice
acemj's Related Pages
Sankt Gilgen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sankt Gilgen"
- "Scenery and Recreation in the Salzkammergut"
- "Nicest town on Wolfgangsee!"
- "St. Gilgen. Austria"
- "MY ONE AND ONLY AUSTRIAN DISCOVERY"
- "CHILL OUT AT ST. GILGEN!"
- "Sankt Gilgen"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sankt Gilgen
- Hotels in Sankt Gilgen
- Transportation in Sankt Gilgen
- Restaurants in Sankt Gilgen
- Shopping in Sankt Gilgen
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Sankt Gilgen
- 17 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (70)
Have you been to Sankt Gilgen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sankt Gilgen
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charlotte Intro, 208 reviews, 263 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Philadelphia Intro, 154 reviews, 181 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 105 reviews, 163 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mexico City Intro, 63 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 82 reviews, 115 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reykjavík Intro, 50 reviews, 138 photos, 5 travelogues
- Quito Intro, 47 reviews, 132 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dublin Intro, 86 reviews, 87 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 74 reviews, 92 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lisbon Intro, 80 reviews, 80 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (120)
Latest Sankt Gilgen hotel reviews
- Hotel Bachwirt
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 13, 2008