"Lovin' London" London by acemj

London Travel Guide: 24,187 reviews and 52,326 photos

London is one of the most bustling urban centers in the world. Well over seven million people call it home and you'll be struck by the range of ethnic diversity. As a matter of fact, Indian curry and not fish-n-chips is the most popular food type in London.
Though it is a modern urban center, London is unique in that it is not dominated by enormous skyscrapers. But don't let the relatively low skyline fool you, there are many architectural and historical treasures to be discovered.
The weather can be a bit gray (or as the British spell it, <I>grey</I>), but the city's people have a lively, upbeat spirit that will make you feel welcome.
Pubbing is among the best in the world. You'll also find some of the greatest museums and historical sites anywhere.
The last time I was in London was May 2001 (other than a couple airport layovers), but I am far from an expert on the city so if you're looking for "insider's information" try another VT member who lives in London. However, I hope this page will give you a good look through the eye of a tourist who admires this lovely place.

• Intro Written Oct 17, 2002

• Raimix's Profile Photo
    Feb 16, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Nice page! London is one of my choises to visit it in June :)

• miso80's Profile Photo
    Apr 20, 2006 at 5:40 AM

Thanks for your comment on my Beirut Page :) I have to check out your top 5's..but for now, I enjoyed ur London pages..will be there next week...very funny custom tips!Cheers from Beirut..Maysa

• ZanieOR's Profile Photo
    May 15, 2004 at 9:27 PM

I will keep in mind that a stiff upper lip is important in England. Thank you for all your great tips -- my London notebook is getting thicker by the day.

• skye820's Profile Photo
    May 13, 2004 at 7:17 PM

Wow...what do you know..Harrod's is also my favorite place to shop in London. Do you have the Green Card also?? And I am not talking American Express..

• William1982's Profile Photo
    Mar 24, 2004 at 5:22 AM

Nice to see you've got a picture of my team 'Everton FC' up there on sports travel london!!! Great pages, be sure to visit Liverpool next time ur in the UK!!!

• dr.firas's Profile Photo
    Jan 29, 2004 at 3:46 AM

London is so beautiful, sop is your page dear Mark, it is so iformative page, with excellent pictures! Bravo my friend!

• bryINpoland's Profile Photo
    Jan 27, 2004 at 7:34 PM

mark, i enjoyed surfing your homepage and got some great tips that i was looking for. happy traveling, and be safe...go panthers!

• Dec 10, 2003 at 8:59 AM

excellent introduction to London

• Canadienne's Profile Photo
    Apr 18, 2003 at 8:54 AM

Another excellent page ~ you always manage to add some humour to the writing. :-) The photos are wonderful ~ it looks like you had great weather! . . .We spell it "grey" too. ;-)

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Mar 18, 2003 at 10:03 AM

Brilliant page with some useful and funny comments about thrilling London .... :-)

acemj