"Batalha, Portugal" Top 5 Page for this destination Batalha by acemj

Batalha Travel Guide: 111 reviews and 447 photos

Architectural Magic

If you're familiar with my pages, you've probably guessed that I like architecture so when I decided to come to Portugal, I immediately began to read about all of the important architectural sites the country has to offer. The abbey at Batalha was at the top of my list when I read about its Gothic-Manueline design and its interesting history and origin. I was traveling with my friend Andrew who was coming to Europe for the first time the oohs and ahhs that I heard from him as we walked around the abbey confirmed that we had made the right choice in visiting this amazing place.

• Last visit to Batalha: Feb 2003
  • Intro Updated Mar 7, 2003

• piglet44's Profile Photo
    Mar 26, 2010 at 9:26 AM

lovely pages-will be there in June

• magor65's Profile Photo
    Jan 30, 2007 at 4:49 AM

I can understand your fascination with architecture pretty well. The visit to Portugal must have been a real treat for you. I'm sure it'll be for me (I'm going there in summer).

• barryg23's Profile Photo
    Sep 30, 2006 at 2:31 AM

That creme bacalhau looks delicious, i'll have to try it.

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Apr 18, 2005 at 6:24 AM

Thanks for visiting my new Durban page Mark. I love Portugal especially the Algarve & I also appreciate great European architecture. BTW you are a well-travelled young man.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Jul 15, 2004 at 9:04 AM

A great page on this magnificent cathedral! There are so many amazing buildings in Portugal that it is difficult to make any progress when trying to tour the country!

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    May 15, 2004 at 5:37 AM

fascintaing tips!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2004 at 9:28 AM

Beauty IS in the details, and that is why your writing of narratives is so beautiful. Your eye is keen for detail and you share it beautifully with the rest of us.!!

• mikela's Profile Photo
    Dec 23, 2003 at 12:52 PM

Thanks very much on nice photos. I visited Portugal and I like it very much. Some places I haven`t visited like Batalha, but your comments and photos are great. I will know what to see and visit next time.

• salinhopt's Profile Photo
    Oct 26, 2003 at 3:07 PM

I had no chance to visit Batalha yet. Fortunatelly you had! :) Great photos an comments! You really feel Portugal!

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo
    Sep 27, 2003 at 1:26 PM

Maybe it was the "bacalau com nata"...???

acemj

“Be a life savor(er)”

Badges & Stats in Batalha

Have you been to Batalha?

Latest Activity in Batalha