Cadiz Things to Do Tips by acemj
Cadiz Things to Do: 200 reviews and 340 photos
This park is located on the eastern end of Cadiz and provides a nice, relaxing place to pass the time.
Located on the Atlantic side is this monument. I only photographed it from a distance.
This tower makes and interesting photo. It's located on Calle Sacramento in the middle of town.
Another one of Cadiz's nice churches that I saw located in the Plaza de San Antonio near the museum.
This is worth a quick look. It's the square in front of the gates to the city.
Plaza San Juan de Dios is certainly one of the main squares in Cadiz. There are numerous cafes in this area, the tourist office, shops and the impressive Town Hall.
I didn't go in to the museum, but I read about it in a guidebook. It has some great works by Murillo and others.
Address: Plaza de Mina
Phone: 956-21 22 81
This arch makes an interesting entryway to the Plaza Catedral. In this picture, you can see the Iglesia de Santiago at the other end of the square.
Here is a photo of the square in front of the cathedral. Many of the streets lead to this square. You might get pushed into the square by an Atlantic tailwind or you might just be following the crowd.
Well, it's not quite as impressive as the Plaza Espana in Sevilla, but Cadiz's version is still a nice place. The square has a number of benches and some manicured green spaces and is surrounded by some impressive buildings. The statue itself suits its setting by being constructed out of white stone.
Directions: Avenida Ramon
More Reviews (14)
- See All Looks like a great view
- The area inside these walls
- Check out this tree!
- White Andulusian walls
acemj's Related Pages
Cadiz Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "I was born in Cadiz"
- "University years in Cadiz"
- "Europes Oldest City"
- "A short visit to Cadiz"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cadiz
- Hotels in Cadiz
- Transportation in Cadiz
- Nightlife in Cadiz
- Restaurants in Cadiz
- Shopping in Cadiz
- Warnings and Dangers in Cadiz
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cadiz
- 26 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 37 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (71)
Have you been to Cadiz?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cadiz
Photos in CadizSee All Photos (28)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charlotte Intro, 208 reviews, 263 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Philadelphia Intro, 154 reviews, 181 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 105 reviews, 163 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mexico City Intro, 63 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 82 reviews, 115 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reykjavík Intro, 50 reviews, 138 photos, 5 travelogues
- Quito Intro, 47 reviews, 132 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dublin Intro, 86 reviews, 87 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 74 reviews, 92 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lisbon Intro, 80 reviews, 80 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (120)
- Cadiz Province: towns and villages- 26 Reviews, 36 Photos
- Beaches & Seafront- 17 Reviews, 26 Photos
- Cathedral- 25 Reviews, 37 Photos
- Plaza de las Flores- 7 Reviews, 13 Photos
- Torre Tavira- 8 Reviews, 12 Photos
- Parque Genovés- 4 Reviews, 12 Photos
- Walls & fortifications- 10 Reviews, 18 Photos
- Plaza de España- 8 Reviews, 13 Photos
- Day trips to Morroco- 2 Reviews, 2 Photos
- Town Hall / Ayuntamiento- 7 Reviews, 18 Photos
See All Cadiz Things to Do