"The Golden Waterfalls: Gulfoss" Top 5 Page for this destination Gullfoss by acemj

Gullfoss Travel Guide: 68 reviews and 159 photos

It was cold. It was wet. And yet it was impressive. I saw Gulfoss as part of the Golden Circle Tour. Yes, I felt like a tourist. Not a good feeling, but it was offset by beauty and good food . . . Don't miss the upper viewing platform like I did and, by all means, don't miss the lamb stew. Yum.

• Last visit to Gullfoss: Apr 2007
  • Intro Updated May 13, 2007

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2008 at 6:48 AM

Wow, Gullfoss in April! No wonder that you froze! I can see that Gullfoss has remained as scenic as it was when I visited it!

• nickandchris's Profile Photo
    Oct 7, 2007 at 7:20 AM

Somewhere I would very much like to visit.....

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Jun 10, 2007 at 9:06 AM

Gullfoss looks amazing!! Even with the rain and bad weather! And the lamb stew afterwards sounds delicious, even if it is without Richies All-U-Can-Drink Beer ;-D

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    May 26, 2007 at 5:09 PM

All-U-Can-Eat...too bad it didn't come with All-U-Can-Drink Beer. ;=D

• agapotravel's Profile Photo
    May 26, 2007 at 4:44 PM

Mark, thanks for the good wishes for our Iceland trip. I am keeping my fingers crossed until we leave (and return). :-)

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    May 15, 2007 at 6:29 AM

Awe-inspiring shots of Gullfoss even though you were dealing with rain! The way it seems to flow into both sides of the gorge reminded me of Iguazu Falls. The tour bus sounds like a smart idea - we did the same in parts of Argentina and were glad we did.

• b1bob's Profile Photo
    May 13, 2007 at 5:50 PM

Nice job!

acemj

“Be a life savor(er)”

Badges & Stats in Gullfoss

Have you been to Gullfoss?

Latest Activity in Gullfoss