Quito Shopping Tips by acemj
Quito Shopping: 44 reviews and 69 photos
Located in Plaza Fochs in La Mariscal, you'll find this shop selling coffee, teas and all things chocolate. I stopped in for a drink and to buy a small gift for Catalina, since I knew she'd share with me! ;-)
They have plenty of nice chocolate-related gift items and this is also a good alternative if you didn't like the dessert menu at one of the area's many restaurants.
Quitocentro is a big mall of the same standard that you'd expect to see in the USA or Western Europe. That being said, it's the type of place I try to avoid when I'm at home! However, since I had a bonus day in Quito and I was just exploring the area around the Sheraton hotel near the soccer stadium, I decided to walk across the street and see what the place was like.
There are a number of international designer labels here as well as some local brands, a grocery store, cinema, restaurants and plenty of ATMs for your convenience. I strolled through and was out the door in twenty minutes.
The Mercado Artesanal La Mariscal is a huge cluster of outdoor shops with vendors selling all kinds of artesania. If you're looking for something truly special, of high quality, I don't think this is the place. But, if you're looking for some inexpensive trinkets to pass out to your co-workers when you get back from vacation like I was, then this place will do the job. It's also just fun to browse the huge range of items on offer at this large marketplace.
Address: Jorge Washington and Juan Leon Mera
Theme: Local Craft
More Reviews (44)
- See All Sushi
- Basilica steps
- See All GPS doesn't lie!
- See All Tour Operator
- See All Stroll in Colonial District
acemj's Related Pages
Quito Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Quito - Capital of Ecuador"
- "b1bob does Quito big time"
- "A city among volcanoes"
- "Thinking of South American Cities? Think Quito"
- "¡Bienvenidos a Quito!"
- "Connected with nature at the middle of the earth"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Quito
- Hotels in Quito
- Transportation in Quito
- Nightlife in Quito
- Restaurants in Quito
- Shopping in Quito
- Warnings and Dangers in Quito
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Quito
- 47 Reviews
- 132 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (71)
Have you been to Quito?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Quito
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charlotte Intro, 208 reviews, 263 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Philadelphia Intro, 154 reviews, 181 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 105 reviews, 163 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mexico City Intro, 63 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 82 reviews, 115 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reykjavík Intro, 50 reviews, 138 photos, 5 travelogues
- Quito Intro, 47 reviews, 132 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dublin Intro, 86 reviews, 87 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 74 reviews, 92 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lisbon Intro, 80 reviews, 80 photos