Quito Shopping Tips by acemj

Quito Shopping: 44 reviews and 69 photos

Chocolate - Quito
Xocoa: Chocolate

Located in Plaza Fochs in La Mariscal, you'll find this shop selling coffee, teas and all things chocolate. I stopped in for a drink and to buy a small gift for Catalina, since I knew she'd share with me! ;-)

They have plenty of nice chocolate-related gift items and this is also a good alternative if you didn't like the dessert menu at one of the area's many restaurants.

Theme: Other

Nice mall - Quito
Quitocentro: Nice mall

Quitocentro is a big mall of the same standard that you'd expect to see in the USA or Western Europe. That being said, it's the type of place I try to avoid when I'm at home! However, since I had a bonus day in Quito and I was just exploring the area around the Sheraton hotel near the soccer stadium, I decided to walk across the street and see what the place was like.

There are a number of international designer labels here as well as some local brands, a grocery store, cinema, restaurants and plenty of ATMs for your convenience. I strolled through and was out the door in twenty minutes.

Theme: Other

Handicrafts - Quito
Mercado Artesanal La Mariscal: Handicrafts

The Mercado Artesanal La Mariscal is a huge cluster of outdoor shops with vendors selling all kinds of artesania. If you're looking for something truly special, of high quality, I don't think this is the place. But, if you're looking for some inexpensive trinkets to pass out to your co-workers when you get back from vacation like I was, then this place will do the job. It's also just fun to browse the huge range of items on offer at this large marketplace.

Address: Jorge Washington and Juan Leon Mera