"Puerto Iguazu, Argentina" Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Iguazú by acemj

Puerto Iguazú Travel Guide: 213 reviews and 601 photos

The only reason I can think of to stay in Puerto Iguazu over Foz do Iguacu in Brazil is if you are unable or unwilling to get into Brazil because of visa requirements. Personally, I cannot imagine visiting the spectacular Iguassu Falls without seeing them from both the Brazilian and Argentine sides. Most visitors travel a long way to see this impressive sight, so why not bite the proverbial bullet and do what it takes to make sure your experience here is all that it can possibly be?

Other than the national park itself, I spent a grand total of about two hours in Puerto Iguazu, so I am by no means an expert on the place. However, it only takes about an hour to walk around the whole town and realize that there's not much to see here.

• Last visit to Puerto Iguazú: Oct 2003
  • Intro Updated Oct 25, 2003

• novsco61's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2005 at 1:16 PM

Wow, the waterfall is amazing. Great page.

• tpangelinan's Profile Photo
    Apr 24, 2004 at 5:21 PM

Great page, never heard of it. Sound like a wonderful place to check out! Very helpful information and photos. :o)

• andal13's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2004 at 9:18 PM

I did not stayed in Puerto Iguazú.. or did I? I spent so many hours at customs than I can consider myself a citizen!!! ;-)

• eelaine's Profile Photo
    Mar 10, 2004 at 6:55 AM

the pictures of iguazu is absolutely breathtaking.. sigh! :)

• Sharrie's Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2003 at 5:40 AM

So u did end up paying the US$100 (or was it US$150) visa fees! I was told by a guide who was accompanying a group just for the day! But if u are there, u have to see it :-) Guess u went up on the helicopter as well. It was all worth it, isn't it?

• dr.firas's Profile Photo
    Nov 17, 2003 at 7:34 AM

You had a wonderful time Mark :-) Those waterfalls are amazing :-)

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2003 at 5:03 PM

You're becoming a bit of a chopp expert, Mark. Time we had a beer I think! lol The look like the most impressive falls I've ever seen and I ain't even seen 'em yet. ;)

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2003 at 4:40 PM

Great pictures and excellent tips!

• Imbi's Profile Photo
    Nov 6, 2003 at 11:33 PM

Great page Mark.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Nov 6, 2003 at 2:10 PM

An excellent page with very helpful tips! I am itching to get on an airplane immediately!

acemj

“Be a life savor(er)”

Badges & Stats in Puerto Iguazú

Have you been to Puerto Iguazú?

Latest Activity in Puerto Iguazú