"No more solo travel for me!" acemj's Profile

Let's find some potholes

"Potholes?" you say. A pothole in the road is something unexpected when traveling. Look forward to it. Revel in it. It is not an inconvenience. It is a thing to be remembered. Sometimes it results from our own ignorance. Ignorance is good. We are curious. We travel. We crawl out of the pothole and leave behind our ignorance. But it is a great, big world. And, thankfully, our ignorance is inexhaustible, our curiosity insatiable, and the road is filled with potholes.

If you're new to VT, you've stumbled on the coolest spot on the web. If your experience was anything like mine, you were searching for some information about a possible vacation destination and BAM! you googled your way to some bozo's personal travel website. You read. You were intrigued and soon you recognized an enthusiasm in these pages that seemed familiar because it was the same enthusiasm you carry inside. Face it, you're a travelaholic. Admitting it is always the first step. We're here to help.

Where have I been recently?

Susan and I just got back from Panama City, Panama and Cartagena, Colombia and prior to that we visit Vietnam in November of 2010.

Where am I going soon?

Upcoming trips:

Ghana: November 2011

Next year, we're considering Israel, India, Montreal and Northern California . . .

___________________________________________________________

Including Taiwan, Vatican City and Kosovo, there are 195 countries in the world, which means I've only been to 25% of them!! There's so much to look forward to in life!

Home sweet home(s)!

Kansas City, MO: 1992-1993
Charlotte, NC: 1993-2004
Philadelphia, PA: 2004-present

Random thoughts . . .

The worst pattern is a holding pattern. Waiting can be a merciless endeavor.

The world is an amazing contradiction; so big and small, beautiful and ugly, harmonic and discordant. It is indeed, a reflection of each of us.

For times when we're forced to stay at home . . .

"Even as the archer loves the arrow that flies, so too he loves the bow that remains constant in his hands."
- Nigerian proverb

I'm in Philly!!

Well, my nearly eleven year run in Charlotte, North Carolina came to an end and looking back, I have to admit it was a great place to call home for all those years. I'll miss a lot of close friends, but I'm glad to be in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and I must admit, I feel more at home closer to family and in a bigger city.

"When he looked and saw the traveler in the city square, the old man asked, "Where are you going? Where did you come from?"
-- Judges 5:6

May both answers bring you joy and meaning along your journey . . .

• Intro Updated Oct 20, 2011

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!