"No more solo travel for me!" acemj's Profile
"Potholes?" you say. A pothole in the road is something unexpected when traveling. Look forward to it. Revel in it. It is not an inconvenience. It is a thing to be remembered. Sometimes it results from our own ignorance. Ignorance is good. We are curious. We travel. We crawl out of the pothole and leave behind our ignorance. But it is a great, big world. And, thankfully, our ignorance is inexhaustible, our curiosity insatiable, and the road is filled with potholes.
If you're new to VT, you've stumbled on the coolest spot on the web. If your experience was anything like mine, you were searching for some information about a possible vacation destination and BAM! you googled your way to some bozo's personal travel website. You read. You were intrigued and soon you recognized an enthusiasm in these pages that seemed familiar because it was the same enthusiasm you carry inside. Face it, you're a travelaholic. Admitting it is always the first step. We're here to help.
My newest completed pages starting with the newest are:
Ihlara Valley, Turkey
Zelve (and Devrent Valley), Turkey
Hacienda La Cienega, Ecuador
Laguna Quilotoa, Ecuador
Parque Nacional Cotopaxi, Ecuador
Susan and I just got back from Panama City, Panama and Cartagena, Colombia and prior to that we visit Vietnam in November of 2010.
Ghana: November 2011
Next year, we're considering Israel, India, Montreal and Northern California . . .
Including Taiwan, Vatican City and Kosovo, there are 195 countries in the world, which means I've only been to 25% of them!! There's so much to look forward to in life!
Here are the places that I've called HOME:
Minneapolis, MN: 1972
Hong Kong: 1972-1981
St. Paul, MN: 1981-1987
San Diego, CA: 1987-1990
Riverside, CA: 1990-1992
Kansas City, MO: 1992-1993
Charlotte, NC: 1993-2004
Philadelphia, PA: 2004-present
The worst pattern is a holding pattern. Waiting can be a merciless endeavor.
The world is an amazing contradiction; so big and small, beautiful and ugly, harmonic and discordant. It is indeed, a reflection of each of us.
"Even as the archer loves the arrow that flies, so too he loves the bow that remains constant in his hands."
- Nigerian proverb
Well, my nearly eleven year run in Charlotte, North Carolina came to an end and looking back, I have to admit it was a great place to call home for all those years. I'll miss a lot of close friends, but I'm glad to be in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and I must admit, I feel more at home closer to family and in a bigger city.
"When he looked and saw the traveler in the city square, the old man asked, "Where are you going? Where did you come from?"
-- Judges 5:6
May both answers bring you joy and meaning along your journey . . .
Personal Pages (2)
Written Oct 1, 2008
I've always loved to travel . . .
Written Apr 2, 2004
Pop Art Mania
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 4,857 Reviews
- 6,987 Photos
- 34 Countries
- 169 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (69)
- acemj and piersend are now friends.
- Commented on DBSnowman's profile page
updated their Profile Page "No more solo travel for me!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "No more solo travel for me!"
- Posted in Travel Barcelona Forum "Hair Salon near Center"
- updated a Spain Travel Page "Spain"
- Wrote a Review Comfort food, comfortable place about Chat 'n Chew in New York City Restaurants
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charlotte Intro, 208 reviews, 263 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Philadelphia Intro, 154 reviews, 181 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 105 reviews, 163 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mexico City Intro, 63 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 82 reviews, 115 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reykjavík Intro, 50 reviews, 138 photos, 5 travelogues
- Quito Intro, 47 reviews, 132 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dublin Intro, 86 reviews, 87 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 74 reviews, 92 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lisbon Intro, 80 reviews, 80 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22172 Reviews - 53908 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3079 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15524 Reviews - 30894 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23065 Reviews - 47272 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26475 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1928 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8349 Reviews - 17018 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1909 Reviews - 4475 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4278 Reviews - 8803 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7500 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7646 Reviews - 19527 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos