"San Juan Islands/ Orcas Island" Orcas by falicia2000
Orcas Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 23 photos
The San Juan Islands are located between the coast of Washington state and Vancouver Island, Canada. The most common way to get there is drive north from Seattle about 85 miles to Anacortes. Auto carrying ferries will take you to the islands and even on to Vancouver Island if you choose. You'll want ferry reservations if traveling between US & Canada during tourist season by calling (206) 464-6400, or (888) 808-7977 if in WA, but reservations are not available if staying within the US. The phone system can be PAINFULLY slow at times. Personally I much prefer making the reservations through the secure web site at https://secure.wsdot.wa.gov/ferries/webres/
The Lime Kiln Park on San Juan Island is a good place to see whales and dolphins and also shoot the light house. I stay... more travel advice
falicia2000's Related Pages
Orcas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "San Juan Islands/ Orcas Island"
- "Orcas Island 2001"
- "The Village is NOT The Island"
- "Darby2's new Orcas Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Orcas
- Hotels in Orcas
- Transportation in Orcas
- Restaurants in Orcas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Orcas
- 8 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Orcas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Orcas
Photos in OrcasSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Seattle Intro, 20 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- California Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos, 2 travelogues
- Orcas Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- Ocean Shores Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Walla Walla Intro, 6 reviews, 4 photos
- Oregon Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Everett Intro, 6 reviews, 3 photos
- Great Falls Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Maryland Intro, 5 reviews, 3 photos
- Tacoma Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos