Amsterdam Hotel Tips by EuroJ
Amsterdam Hotels: 130,270 reviews and 1,176 photos
Very Impressive lobby isnt it!
Each time I stayed here at this hotel I enjoyed it. Sometimes I was treated a bit differently by the recptionist in the lobby. Maybe it was because I was a bit too "urban" no matter the reason. I still enjoyed my stay there, the lobby is beautiful with black & white marble all over. Nice couchs and tv around to chill out if you are waiting to meet up with others. Where this hotel falls short is in the decor of the rooms & the tvs. The rooms are nicely sized to be in Holland. Anyone who has been to Europe knows what I mean when I speak of the sizes of the rooms. Usuallyquite small, but the rooms look like they are stuck in the 70s. The rooms are totally outdated compared to what you see when you walk ni the lobby. It leaves much to be desired. You would figure is your paying 300$ a night for a room it would be a bit nicer. Still I came multiple times. The location couldnt be better, walking distance from the train station and when you walk out, one left turn and you are in the Red Light District.
Address: Prins Hendrikkade 59-72 (ex Golden Tulip Barbizon), The Netherlands
Comparison: about average
Price: US$180 and up
Great Location but thats about it
This was my 1st time ever in a hostel and I must say, after being there I have yet to go to a hostel again, mind you this was back in 2007. The stay was pretty bad, sadly this the very first time I went & it was a impulse trip. The beds were gross, shower situation was similiar to something I had experenced in Iraq. When i laid down I couldnt sleep, I just felt like something was crawling on me, SMH. After that I said NEVER again! lol Every time I have went since then was in a 4 ot 5 * hotel. One thing I learned is if you plan to go stay over night in Amsterdam, be prepared to spend 300+ $ for one night.
Comparison: least expensive
EuroJ's Related Pages
Amsterdam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MY BIRTHPLACE"
- "God made the Dutch, but the Dutch made Holland"
- "Amsterdam - I love it!"
- "Amsterdam, is it real?"
- "Amsterdam, where the Dutch money is spend"
- "Amsterdam! The most liberal city in the World"
- "Dutch Arts and History."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Amsterdam
- Hotels in Amsterdam
- Transportation in Amsterdam
- Nightlife in Amsterdam
- Restaurants in Amsterdam
- Shopping in Amsterdam
- Warnings and Dangers in Amsterdam
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Amsterdam
- 5 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Amsterdam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Amsterdam
Photos in AmsterdamSee All Photos (16)
Read real reviews about Amsterdam Hotels!
Top 5 Pages
- Istanbul Intro, 1 review, 22 photos, 3 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 4 reviews, 19 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 5 reviews, 16 photos
- Czech Republic Intro, 1 review, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 1 review, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (4)
- Red Light District - De Wallen- 144 Reviews, 163 Photos
- Anne Frank House- 241 Reviews, 252 Photos
- Sex Museum- 49 Reviews, 59 Photos
- Canal Boat Tours- 192 Reviews, 314 Photos
- Heineken Brewery- 98 Reviews, 139 Photos
- Coffee(Cannabis)shops- 124 Reviews, 134 Photos
- Dam Square- 90 Reviews, 165 Photos
- Rijksmuseum- 211 Reviews, 351 Photos
- Van Gogh Museum- 166 Reviews, 176 Photos
- Flower Market - Bloemenmarkt- 67 Reviews, 104 Photos
See All Amsterdam Things to Do