Amsterdam Hotel Tips by EuroJ

Amsterdam Hotels: 130,270 reviews and 1,176 photos

Very Impressive lobby isnt it! - Amsterdam

Very Impressive lobby isnt it!

NH Barbizon Palace: Nice, but not a 5* NH Barbizon Palace Review

Each time I stayed here at this hotel I enjoyed it. Sometimes I was treated a bit differently by the recptionist in the lobby. Maybe it was because I was a bit too "urban" no matter the reason. I still enjoyed my stay there, the lobby is beautiful with black & white marble all over. Nice couchs and tv around to chill out if you are waiting to meet up with others. Where this hotel falls short is in the decor of the rooms & the tvs. The rooms are nicely sized to be in Holland. Anyone who has been to Europe knows what I mean when I speak of the sizes of the rooms. Usuallyquite small, but the rooms look like they are stuck in the 70s. The rooms are totally outdated compared to what you see when you walk ni the lobby. It leaves much to be desired. You would figure is your paying 300$ a night for a room it would be a bit nicer. Still I came multiple times. The location couldnt be better, walking distance from the train station and when you walk out, one left turn and you are in the Red Light District.

Address: Prins Hendrikkade 59-72 (ex Golden Tulip Barbizon), The Netherlands

Comparison: about average

Price: US$180 and up

Theme: Hotel

• Written Feb 9, 2012
Great Location but thats about it - Amsterdam

Great Location but thats about it

Hotel Manofa: Hostle from H*ll

This was my 1st time ever in a hostel and I must say, after being there I have yet to go to a hostel again, mind you this was back in 2007. The stay was pretty bad, sadly this the very first time I went & it was a impulse trip. The beds were gross, shower situation was similiar to something I had experenced in Iraq. When i laid down I couldnt sleep, I just felt like something was crawling on me, SMH. After that I said NEVER again! lol Every time I have went since then was in a 4 ot 5 * hotel. One thing I learned is if you plan to go stay over night in Amsterdam, be prepared to spend 300+ $ for one night.

Comparison: least expensive

Price: US$40-80

Theme: Hostel

• Written Feb 8, 2012

EuroJ Visits Here Frequently!

EuroJ

“Who gon stop me huh?”

Ranked Member

Badges & Stats in Amsterdam

Have you been to Amsterdam?

Latest Activity in Amsterdam

Visiting Amsterdam?
Read real reviews about Amsterdam Hotels!

Friends