"St Lucia ( Page uncomplete 12 November 2011)" Saint Lucia by Bonkers11

Saint Lucia Travel Guide: 536 reviews and 1,528 photos

"Will you come and visit me"

That was all I needed, I was booking the ticket before I had ended teh skype call I have never been to the Carribean so was very excited. I would be staying in Rodney Bay, in the North of the Island although not as far up as teh uber rich. A short walk from Riduiet Beach, Pigeon Island and a bus ride from Rodney Bay Marina.
EC dollars! Another new currency for me

The fortnight.

My friend was working for the most part. Leaving every morning to go to Castries, the capital. I was left to my own devices. There seemed little point trying to figure out the taxis and buses as we woudl be out and about in the evenings and hte weekends. The days were spent sitting on hte beach, or in one of the hotels there. The Coco Palm as iwth a few others have an open pool policy so that if you are staying where there is no pool or just like their pool better you are quite free to use it as long as you buy drinks from their bar.
The beaches were quiet, it was May, the temperature at night was a rather unpleasant 30+ and with no aircon, this was hard but most hotels I beleive have it.
The bars and resturants of Rodney Bay Marina are well worth a look, The Broadwalk, a popular hangout in the early evenings looks out over the marina. Spirits were normally the chosen tipple and are reasonably priced compared to other things.
The beach bars offer happy hours every nigth order one cocktail get another free, typically the same cocktail, it seems a given that when there are two of you and you order one, they bring back two, could be dangerous if you order one for every person in your party!

Weekend One ( for Weekend Two see Martinque)

IThere is so much to see in St Lucia and transport isnt great, you have choices, try and work out the public buses!, book a taxi or private hire, book on an excursion or hire a car. We decided to hire the car, not driving myself ( I am visually impaired) my friend felt comfortable doing all hte driving.
Heading off south we planned to visit The hotsprings and the pitons. Hotel Chocolate.
Calabash cove and a bouttiquey hotel/resturant was dinner on the Sunday.

• Pros:Hot, Sunny, relaxing, very good resturants.
  • Cons:Very expensive awful wine, too hot and sticky in May somewhat bambarding with sellers and vendors of drugs and paraphanalia you dont want.
  • In a nutshell:An awesome, relaxing and wonderful plac.
  • Last visit to Saint Lucia: May 2011
  • Intro Updated May 9, 2016

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Dec 17, 2011 at 12:18 PM

Matthew, I see you had a very nice stay there...Good for you!~ I am sure I would have too...

“Have Passport will travel”

Badges & Stats in Saint Lucia

Have you been to Saint Lucia?