Fraser Island Warnings Or Dangers Tips by Kitty82
Fraser Island Warnings and Dangers: 21 reviews and 27 photos
Dingo on Fraser Island
Dingos are a common thing to see on Fraser Island but as cute as they seem, please dont feed them. They roam the island beaches and busland scaveging for food and will not hesitate to steal food from your campsite (especially fish). Make sure when you finish eating that you lock all your food away (there are storage cage's that you can lock your food in at campsites) and leave no scraps behind. If you have fish as scraps it is recommended that you bury them 30cm deep into the sand to discourage them scavenging.
Be careful of the tides.
If your planning to travel the east coast if Fraser Island, make sure the tides are appropriate for a safe and easy drive as this may limit your sightseeing on the island. For example we wanted to see the Maheno Shipwreak but we couldnt due to the timing of the tides (and limited time we had on the island). It has also been quite common for people to get themselfs stuck in awkard situations eg:not being able to get back when the tide rises so be carefull!!
More Reviews (6)
Kitty82's Related Pages
Fraser Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "World's Largest Sand Island, World Heritage Listed"
- "Fraser Island: all the Outdoor you want"
- "Fraser Island...The world's largest Sand Island"
- "Largest All-Sand Island in the World!"
- "Fraser Island - paradise on earth"
- "Sweetberry's Frazer Island Page"
- "Worlds Biggest Sand Island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fraser Island
- Hotels in Fraser Island
- Transportation in Fraser Island
- Nightlife in Fraser Island
- Restaurants in Fraser Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Fraser Island
- See All...
Explore the World
- Bangkok Hotels
- Gold Coast Hotels
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- Lukut Hotels
- Cebu City Warnings and Dangers
- Rome Warnings and Dangers
- Amsterdam Warnings and Dangers
- Maldives Warnings and Dangers
- Philadelphia Warnings and Dangers
- Be aware of Call Girls
- Reno Warnings and Dangers
- Dubai Warnings and Dangers
- Lombok Warnings and Dangers
- Croatia Warnings and Dangers
- Atlantic City Warnings and Dangers
- Munnar Warnings and Dangers
Badges & Stats in Fraser Island
- 8 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Fraser Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fraser Island
Photos in Fraser IslandSee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Auckland Intro, 7 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Fraser Island Intro, 8 reviews, 20 photos
- Chiang Mai Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hornsby Intro, 16 reviews, 5 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 1 review, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- Alaska Intro, 1 review, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Patonga Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos
- Sydney Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Phuket Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- Denali National Park and Preserve Intro, 1 review, 8 photos