"Our (delayed) Honeymoon, Part I" Peru by PRhymer
Peru Travel Guide: 7,892 reviews and 20,886 photos
When planning our honeymoon, we first decided we didn't actually want to travel right after our August wedding. My husband's employer is very generous in allowing long vacations, so we decided to travel over Christmas, combining vacation time from 2009 and 2010. Next we had to decide where to go. We knew we wanted someplace warmer than home, and where we couldn't easily do a normal week-long trip (for example, a city in Europe). We had both wanted to see Machu Picchu for a long time, so we decided on Peru for the Incan history and Argentina for a more cosmopolitan atmosphere (with a side trip to Iguazu Falls for some nature time :) ).
We started out in Cusco, against recommendations for altitude sickness, because of timing with Christmas. However we took Diamox and were fine. We were in Cusco for three days before heading to the Sacred Valley. We stayed in Ollantaytambo for two days, then went to Machu Picchu for one night/two days. After that we went back to Cusco, then flew to Argentina.
PRhymer's Related Pages
Peru Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "One Gringa's Peru"
- "The heart of America"
- "Roads less traveled in Peru"
- "Proud to be peruvian!"
- "Peru, my first taste of the Andes and the jungle"
- "Paul2001's Travels Through Peru"
- "And, now, ladies and gentlemen : mas abajo !"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Peru
- Hotels in Peru
- Transportation in Peru
- Nightlife in Peru
- Restaurants in Peru
- Shopping in Peru
- Warnings and Dangers in Peru
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Peru
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Peru?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Peru
Top 10 Pages
- Sofia Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos
- Paris Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos
- County Clare Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Kyoto Intro, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chios Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- New York City Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Yokkaichi Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Dingle Intro, 3 photos
- Parque Nacional del Iguazł Intro, 3 photos
No friends yet.