"A Few Days in Sofia" Sofia by PRhymer
Sofia Travel Guide: 1,549 reviews and 3,855 photos
I took this trip on my second week off from working in Izmir. My boyfriend flew from the US to meet me in Istanbul, and from there we took the overnight train to Sofia.
We took our time seeing the city. Mostly we walked around randomly and just enjoyed relaxing in the parks and trying different restaurants.
We really loved Sofia. The city is still developing so some things were challenging, for example the street signs were in the Cyrillic alphabet but the tourist map was in the Latin alphabet, but it was fun trying to work around them.
With Bulgaria having recently joined the EU (just over 6 months before we visited) we look forward to returning in the future and seeing the changes.
This restaurant is on a main street, but at the end of a short tunnel pretty much under a building. Inside it's pretty... more travel advice
The most important things in a hotel for us were cleanliness, value, and location. The Pop Bogomil was just what we... more travel advice
PRhymer's Related Pages
Sofia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sofia Guide - One of the Oldest Cities in Europe"
- "My home town"
- "First Steps to Explaning Bulgarian Spirit"
- "Sofia - Capital at the foot of Mount Vitosha"
- "capital of Bulgaria"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sofia
- Hotels in Sofia
- Transportation in Sofia
- Nightlife in Sofia
- Restaurants in Sofia
- Shopping in Sofia
- Warnings and Dangers in Sofia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sofia
- 7 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Sofia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sofia
Top 10 Pages
- Sofia Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos
- Paris Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos
- County Clare Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Kyoto Intro, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chios Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- New York City Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Yokkaichi Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Dingle Intro, 3 photos
- Parque Nacional del Iguazł Intro, 3 photos
No friends yet.