VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

"Paris, je t'aime" Paris by PRhymer

Paris Travel Guide: 22,842 reviews and 56,729 photos

Why I Love This City

My first trip to Paris was in 8th grade, March 2001. It was my first time in Europe and I was so excited to be so far from home and need a passport and everything! My parents really made it great for me, letting me choose some things to do and even let me have part of an afternoon to myself. I had to stay on the Rue de Rivoli, where our hotel was, but it was a treat to be able to shop for a few souvenirs, practice some French on my own, and buy crepes to take back to the hotel until my parents returned. One of my first tastes of freedom!

A Decade Later

Ten years later and I was married and getting ready for graduate school. My husband and I visited for a week in May 2011 and stayed in an apartment on the border of the 2nd and 3rd arrondissements.

• Last visit to Paris: May 2011
  • Intro Updated May 9, 2016

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Nov 13, 2011 at 4:25 AM

Great that you took the Eiffel Tower Behind the Scenes Tour and the Fat Tire Bike Tour!

Ranked Member