GringaMo's profile photo

Sienlu Mar 25, 2014 at 11:57 AM

Happy birthday Maureen

kahnjetta's Profile Photo
kahnjetta Mar 25, 2014 at 9:13 AM

Happy Birthday! I hope you enjoy your special day:)

kingip's Profile Photo
kingip Mar 25, 2014 at 1:15 AM

Cheers for your B/D!

ViajesdelMundo's Profile Photo
ViajesdelMundo Mar 25, 2012 at 2:08 PM

HI Maureen!! sending very best wishes for a FAB Birthday, especially if you are in SMA!! it's my most favorite place on the mainland.....we live in BAJA SUR, but hoping to get over again soon for another visit.

connectingrod's Profile Photo
connectingrod Mar 25, 2012 at 5:37 AM

A BIRTHDAY is just the first day of another 365-day journey around the sun. Enjoy the trip.

TrendsetterME's Profile Photo
TrendsetterME Mar 24, 2012 at 10:08 PM

"Happy Birthday", with all my best wishes ... :)

GringaMo's Profile Photo
GringaMo Jan 8, 2012 at 3:02 PM

Hi Bebe...
I was in Guatemala for a month (the month of November) and sorry that I did not see your post earlier. Are you still coming to SMA in February?

You do not need a car (and I discourage it...though I have one here, myself), Spanish School depends on what level you are at, TONS of places to stay and visit. I would look up a Yahoo Group to join: San Miguel Civil list. Not always very civil, but you will find lots of info.

As for jobs: you cannot work here legally, especially as a tourist. And like everywhere in the world, jobs are scarce. I work online, and do not have any work here in Mexico. The money that can be made in Mexico is far less than minimum wage in the US. If that is critical, that could be an issue.

San Miguel is beautiful, and has all price ranges of places to stay. There is also a San Miguel Renter list (not sure of the spelling), where you can find an apartment to rent for two months.

I would be happy to give you my thoughts on areas you might consider staying etc. You can always email me at msmullen (at) gomodesign (dot) com.

Good luck, and again, so sorry it took so long to reply (or realize there was a message for me here).

bebelovesart Nov 9, 2011 at 6:56 PM

Hi Maureen,
I am seriously thinking about moving to San Miguel in the near future. I want to come visit in February-March.
Would you be willing to be my "pen pal"? I will have questions about where to stay when I visit, do I need a car, best Spanish school, info on any jobs (part time)...things like that.
I will thank you with a dinner at the restaurant of your choice and unlimited tequila! (if you drink, if not we will come up with something else!)
Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you! Bebe Selders

ranger49's Profile Photo
ranger49 Oct 27, 2011 at 9:20 AM

Welcome to VT. Look forward to reading about your travels and seeing more of your photos - Best regards from Wales.