"The Amazing "Kamay ni Hesus" Shrine!" Lucban by Rhinoa09

Lucban Travel Guide: 108 reviews and 439 photos

Too early but just try and stop me!!

It was 4:00 o'clock in the morning but I have the full energy to get up and get ready for our trip....

I took a bus from Buendia going to Lucena City/Dalahican for about 3 hours and it's really an enjoyable trip because I was able to see the full bloom of the rambutan trees. Rambutan is a kind of fruit that mostly be seen in Laguna.

The fare from what I remembered is about Php220.00 but I know it's has changed now. I arrived at SM Dalahican at around 7:00am and started finding a hotel.

Hotel Hunting!!!

From checking so many hotels in the website to reading so many reviews I still haven't booked for one. Not because I don't want to but because I was worried that our trip will be canceled "again" due to a typhoon. It's my first time to explore Lucena City but I had fun! If you actually have the courage to ask for directions and the "will" to try something new, you'll be surprised of what you'll accomplished! Anyway, when I arrived I had to go for a Hotel Hunting! My mother and my sister will arrive soon and I have to get a place to stay.

I'm from Marinduque and we pass by Lucena City, Quezon every time we go home. I've seen some of the hotels but never actually see what the inside look like. I've seen from afar the Sulo Riviera Hotel, but from the reviews I've read it's kind of noisy at night because of the club near it that have videoke's every night so I crossed this out from my list.

I personally checked the next hotel in mind, The Star Garden Hotel. From the outside of the hotel, it's kind of homey but I had to checked the rooms. I'm right, this place is homey from the reception on the way to the rooms, but I was kind of disappointed when I see the room. It's small and needs a lot of improvements. I would love to stay here since it's near SM Lucena, but I had to find a more suitable place for my mother and my sis.

So I waited for my mother & sis, and we checked the Margarette Hotel. I put this hotel last in my list, but because I thought it's the most expensive hotel here in Lucena. But when I checked the booked a room, it's not bad. Not a five star but the place is beautiful and staff are so accommodating and friendly. The swimming pool is under renovation at the time so we weren't able to swim. But I will definitely come back here.

Finally, the shrine!

Finally, it's the day ....

• Last visit to Lucban: Sep 2011
  • Intro Updated May 9, 2016

Comments

Rhinoa09

“Love to travel...longing to belong...hungry for change! ~ Lakwatserang-Ligaw”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.