"Aschaffenburg - An overlooked town worth visiting" Top 5 Page for this destination Aschaffenburg by TomInGermany
Aschaffenburg Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 73 photos
Located along the Main river, Aschaffenburg is a beautiful city to visit even in the dead of winter (I can't wait to go back when everything is blooming). The main attraction is Johannisburg Palace overlooking the river but there is so much more. On our first visit we started our tour with the Stiftsbasilika and museum and then moved on to the palace and their museum. Both museums were very inexpensive and well worth the money. We ended up the day with a lovely German lunch at the Brauerie Schlappeseppel just down the street from the Palace.
- Pros:Overlooked by tourists
- Cons:Too close to Frankfurt
The Johannisburg Palace dominates the city and overlooks the Main river. The former second residence of the Mainz... more travel advice
TomInGermany's Related Pages
Aschaffenburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to ASCHAFFENBURG"
- "Aschaffenburg's Schloss Johannesburg"
- "Aschaffenburg - An overlooked town worth visiting"
- "The Happiest Town in Germany"
- "Good first view of Germany"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Aschaffenburg
- Hotels in Aschaffenburg
- Transportation in Aschaffenburg
- Restaurants in Aschaffenburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Aschaffenburg
- 3 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Aschaffenburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Aschaffenburg
Photos in AschaffenburgSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Germany Intro, 78 reviews, 335 photos
- Naturpark Bergstrasse-Odenwald Intro, 5 reviews, 24 photos
- Michelstadt Intro, 3 reviews, 15 photos
- Strasbourg Intro, 4 reviews, 13 photos
- Mainz Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos
- Bamberg Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos
- Darmstadt Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos
- Fulda Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos
- Bad Kreuznach Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos
- Landau in der Pfalz Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos