VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

"Surfing Koh Lanta Thailand" Ko Lanta by hugogo

Ko Lanta Travel Guide: 195 reviews and 463 photos

Learn to Surf

I did lots of research online about Learning to Surf in Thailand and found out that Koh Lanta Watersports did good courses. I was not dissappointed. Sam is an excellent teacher. I did the full learn to surf course. It was broken down over a few days which was great as I was really tired after learning to paddle the first day. Sam also showed me safety and how to catch the waves and stand up. The beach - Klong Dao is really safe and the wave size perfect for beginners. I really liked the personal service and that there were no other crowds. I am hooked and cant wait to try again - even though the water wont be as warm at home! Great service and a fun time. They also teach windsurfing and kiting, wish I had moree time. Lanta was great in low season also - just the locals, really chill, and the weather not bad at all.

• Pros:Cheap, Chill
  • Cons:Slow from the airport
  • In a nutshell:Who thought you could surf in Thailand
  • Last visit to Ko Lanta: Aug 2011
  • Intro Updated May 9, 2016

Comments

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Badges & Stats in Ko Lanta

Have you been to Ko Lanta?

Latest Activity in Ko Lanta