London-Calling's profile photo

"London calling to the faraway towns" [with apologies to Joe Strummer]

My Favorite Pages

Anjuschka's Profile Photo
Anjuschka Aug 9, 2014 at 9:03 AM

Great pictures of you all. It's very nice to see you in the picture during your meetings.
Some of you already helped me a lot for my travel questions and with general tips.
They are much appreciated!

It would be nice to meet some of you sometimes to get in touch with people who I can share my memories and talk about the things we like abotu London... And even have a nice time together.
Although I don't know anyone of you personally - I kind of feel connected to the people I already have *spoken* to...

Thanks for your very warm welcome... ;)

Anja

London-Calling Sep 1, 2014 at 10:45 AM

We're hoping that some of us at least will be able to meet you on your next trip here!

• Anjuschka's Profile Photo
    Anjuschka Sep 1, 2014 at 11:45 AM

That would be great... Jonathan Barker already said he'd love to come and meet me... ? I already know with all your help and advise it will be a completely new experience to enjoy my time in London...

belindauk's Profile Photo
belindauk Nov 18, 2013 at 3:55 AM

Thanks for accepting ;-)

The_Ooop_North_Crew's Profile Photo
The_Ooop_North_Crew Sep 4, 2013 at 7:06 AM

The Ooop North Crew are thinking about 2014 - please contribute to our discussion @ Le Grand Meet - any interest? - Miscellaneous Forum

Piggy73's Profile Photo
Piggy73 Nov 12, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Just wondering if you have decided on a place and time for the meeting as we have to meet up with another friend on the Sunday. She may even be able to come to lunch with us (another possible VT recruit). Just trying to plan things as we leave for London on Thursday :-)

London-Calling Nov 13, 2012 at 4:00 AM

Hello there folks, sorry it is a bit less organised than usual. Sarah is in South America and Iam in Northern Ireland at present so it is all a bit of long-distance communication at the minute. Still finalising details but to allow you to plan provisionally, it will be for a lunch so probably meet in a pub about midday and lunch about one, then it is very much play it by ear dependent on what people want to do and, it being UK, the weather! To allow you to plan transport we will be in the area of Primrose Hill / Regents Park, probably the St. John's Wood side. There are decent public transport links. We are looking forward to meeting you and your friend, if she can make it. fergy p.p. London Calling.

• Piggy73's Profile Photo
    Piggy73 Nov 13, 2012 at 2:21 PM

Thanks - hope everything works out and we can meet up. Enjoy the rest of your travels. P & J

davidjo's Profile Photo
davidjo Nov 11, 2012 at 10:25 AM

possibly interested in the meeting but depends on other commitments and which part of London the meeting will be held, please keep me informed before i sign up.

Piggy73's Profile Photo
Piggy73 Oct 27, 2012 at 4:44 AM

We hope to be at the 18 Nov Sunday lunch meeting (as long as they have a veggie option) as we happen to be in London that weekend :-)

London-Calling Oct 28, 2012 at 3:57 AM

No problem, whatever we decide on for the meal will definitely have a decent veggie option. It will be great to see you.

• Piggy73's Profile Photo
    Piggy73 Oct 31, 2012 at 3:18 PM

That's great - we will confirm for definate nearer the time as it will depend where and what time the meal will be - as we also have to meet up with another person in London.

pfsmalo's Profile Photo
pfsmalo Oct 13, 2012 at 7:46 AM

Hi all,

If you haven't noticed yet, have put a few words and pics up in Travelogues on my London pages.
Regards to all
Paul

annemariebyrne's Profile Photo
annemariebyrne Oct 8, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Hi Fergy, Sarah and Lesley, Thanks so much for organising a brilliant London Treasure Hunt (and evening meals). The route was very informative, I learned lots and enjoyed the company too. Sunday's jaunt to the docklands was a revelation and most enjoyable. Well done for arranging perfect weather on Saturday and Sunday! Congrats to the winning team, roll on next year!

London-Calling Oct 8, 2012 at 2:33 PM

Annemarie, thznk you so much for your kind comments, they are much appreciated. It was great to see you again and we are so glad you could make it. there is no point in us doing these things if people don't come, and it was our wonderful attendees who made it a great weekend. I know we all enjoyed it.

Fergy,
    p.p. London-Calling.

pfsmalo's Profile Photo
pfsmalo Oct 8, 2012 at 2:59 AM

Thanks for everything fellas, we had a lovely time with some lovely people. That was a great Hunt, with plenty of intrigue and cunningly laid out by friend Fergy. The four of us had some great laughs going round. Sorry we had to pull out of the Sat evening meal. Keep up the good work and will see you soon.

Paul

London-Calling Oct 8, 2012 at 3:22 AM

It was our pleasure (fergy here). I know we all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and it appears that people had a good time so everyone is happy. Hope yo see you and your good lady again very soon.

• pfsmalo's Profile Photo
    pfsmalo Oct 8, 2012 at 3:53 AM

Certainly and the sooner the better. Thanks once again.

leics's Profile Photo
leics Oct 7, 2012 at 10:39 AM

Thanks ever so for a brill Treasure Hunt...I very much enjoyed it as well as learning loads. And I got back in plenty of time for my train. O...and will you be my friend, please? :-)

London-Calling Oct 8, 2012 at 3:25 AM

Of course we'l be your friend officially as if we weren't in reality anyway. Really glad you enjoyed it. Wr could theoretically arrange the best VT meet ever but it is absolutely pointless if nobody turns up. It was all our wonderful attendees that really made it. Thanks for taking the time to join us and hopefully we will meet again soon.

fergy