"I Do Love Cambodia!" Phnom Penh by valeriemoore

Phnom Penh Travel Guide: 1,560 reviews and 4,177 photos

Six-week Stay in Phnom Penh

I came here not to visit but to attend a six-week training course here in Phnom Penh. I have learned about journalism at the Phnom Penh Post newspaper. Six weeks was not so long but I did have enough time to sight-see in Phnom Penh. What I like about Phnom Penh was the people who are very friendly and polite. As I am from the Asian country, Myanmar, our culture is nearly the same. Whenever I meet with the Cambodians, I feel their warmth and honesty. I really love them.

Lots of Places to Sight-see in Phnom Penh

Actually, Phnom Penh has many places to visit. When I got there, the first place I have visited is the 'Wat Phnom'. It is a pagoda which means 'Temple of the montains' or 'Mountain Pagoda'. It is a Buddhist temple. You can see the Buddha image there. If you are a Buddhist, you could pay homage to the Buddha statute.
Here I focus only on Wat Phnom. I will exaggerate more about the Phnom Penh later on. There are lots of places to visit in Phnom Penh like The Royal Palace, The Silver Pagoda, National Museum, Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum, The Killing Fields, The Sisowath Quay knows as the riverside, The Diamond Island, The Central Market, The Russian Market and so on and so forth.

The Traditional Khmer Foods

Firstly, you may have been strange with the Khmer traditional foods which are a bit sweet. Most of the Khmer foods are sweet. I was not accustomed to it previously. But eventually, I found it good and delicious. What I most is the iced-green tea.

• Pros:Lovely culture
  • Cons:Language barrier with local people
  • In a nutshell:Fun sight-seeing and forget your homesickness
  • Last visit to Phnom Penh: Oct 2011
  • Intro Updated May 9, 2016

“Laugh out Loud Everytime!”

Ranked Member

Badges & Stats in Phnom Penh

Have you been to Phnom Penh?

Latest Activity in Phnom Penh