"Soldeu - Blissfully Quiet" Top 5 Page for this destination Soldeu by zadunajska8

Soldeu Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 28 photos

Soldeu Village

The village of Soldeu is a very small place. It's essentially just a few buildings along 1 road. It is the main road to France but traffic is very light and won't cause you any concerns or disturbance. There's a few hotels, a supermarket and a couple of bars and restaurants (most of these are closed in low season).

Soldeu is an extremely quiet place. We didn't even hear or see children all the time we were here (a great positive in my opinion!).

Walking in the Val D'Incles

Just beside Soldeu is the start of the Val d'Incles which was a perfect place to do some gentle walking for us.
On the whole most of the walking around Soldeu (and I'm told throughout Andorra) is fairly challenging but there are some easier walks along the valley here at Val d'Incles.

• Pros:Absolute peace & quiet
  • Cons:Walking trails are mostly fairly challenging
  • In a nutshell:Feels as remote and away from it all as you would like it to be
  • Last visit to Soldeu: May 2008
  • Intro Written Nov 5, 2011

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Jun 20, 2013 at 8:09 PM

Sounds a beaut place for hiking!

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Oct 20, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Troy, Andorra is one of the few European countries I haven't visited yet. Also I must admit that I haven't heard of Soldeu before. The place seems to be a great base for some hiking.

• zadunajska8's Profile Photo
      Nov 29, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Yes there are lots of walking opportunities around Soldeu and it is such lovely and unspoilt countryside, but most of the trails are quite challenging. A little too challenging for me really, but still fun.

• SWFC_Fan's Profile Photo
    Aug 22, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Thanks a lot for visiting my Split page, Troy. Great tips on Soldeu! I've never been to Andorra, so it was interesting to read your reviews. Some peace and quiet and scenic hikes sounds good to me!

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    Mar 8, 2012 at 9:54 AM

Great photos mate.
    I´d love to go hiking there.

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Feb 19, 2012 at 10:32 AM

Hello, Troy! It would be great to be able to stay in Andorra for a week or so and to enjoy its spectacular scenery and exciting routes....

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Jan 3, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Great photos ! Andorra is one of the few countries in Europe that I have not seen yet !

zadunajska8

“If I haven't been there yet, then I probably want to go”

Badges & Stats in Soldeu