"Bexhill" Bexhill by zadunajska8
Bexhill Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 19 photos
Bexhill is a small seaside town between Eastbourne and Hastings in East Sussex. It was the home of British motor racing and the first motor race in the country took place here in May 1902.
During the earlier part of the 20th century the town boomed from the tourist trade that drew crowds to all the coastal towns of Sussex and this helped Bexhill get it's perstigious and signature structure - The De La Warr Pavilion.
Now the town is very much a retirement destination and it is much more deserving of the title "God's Waiting Room" than my home town of Eastbourne just down the coast which has often been awarded this dubious honour! The seafront does still have a certain elegance and style despite the fact that many of the hotels have now become nursing homes and the glamour of the past has faded.
One big advantage this town has is the number of independent shops which are trading in the town centre. This makes it much more interesting than many of Englands "clone towns" with their streets full of chain stores.
Bexhill is rather well served by train stations for a town of it's size. In the town centre is Bexhill station itself,... more travel advice
The promenade in Bexhill is a tidy and elegant affair much more attractive than nearby Hastings, but it's not buzzing... more travel advice
zadunajska8's Related Pages
Bexhill Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Bexhill
- Transportation in Bexhill
- Restaurants in Bexhill
- Shopping in Bexhill
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bexhill
- 4 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Bexhill?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bexhill
Photos in BexhillSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Venice Intro, 35 reviews, 128 photos
- Brussels Intro, 29 reviews, 110 photos
- Innsbruck Intro, 16 reviews, 121 photos, 6 travelogues
- Igls Intro, 12 reviews, 89 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 24 reviews, 76 photos
- Paris Intro, 21 reviews, 75 photos
- Budapest Intro, 26 reviews, 68 photos
- Ardingly Intro, 9 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 15 reviews, 70 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wattens Intro, 16 reviews, 57 photos