"Good Friday in Deal" Top 5 Page for this destination Deal by zadunajska8

Deal Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 67 photos

I visited Deal with my partner as a day trip from our home in Sussex on Good Friday 2012. We'd come mainly because we wanted to see Deal Castle and Walmer Castle. We weren't disappointed with either and in fact I was much more impressed than I had expected by Deal Castle.

I hadn't read up about much else in Deal before going so I didn't even know that they had a pier, but they do. Deal Pier is very different in character to most other English resort piers as it doesn't have all the amusement arcades and other such tat but unfortunately it isn't the most attractive structure itself either.

The walk along the beach between the two castles was a really nice part of the day and I'd recommend this to anyone who has the good fortune to visit on a fine and sunny day.

• Last visit to Deal: Apr 2012
  • Intro Written Apr 8, 2012

• planxty's Profile Photo
    Oct 3, 2012 at 5:39 AM

It is a while since I was in Deal but I love it as well. Great page. fergy.

• zadunajska8's Profile Photo
      Nov 29, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Thanks for visiting my Deal page Fergy. It is a nice town. Last summer was actually my first visit there but I'm sure I'll go again.

• CatherineReichardt's Profile Photo
    Jul 18, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Lovely little page, Troy. And judging by those nice cheery Top 5 circles, you're fast making the South Coast your own!
    Regards
    Cathy

zadunajska8

“If I haven't been there yet, then I probably want to go”

Badges & Stats in Deal