"JAWI - Sg. Jawi, Sg. Bakap, Bukit Jawi, Valdor" Jawi by DaHongHua
Jawi Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 28 photos
Jawi - cover a big area of Sungai Jawi, Sungai Bakap old town, Welesly, Sungai Baong, Bukit Jawi, Kampung Valdor and Jawi New Village.
If you travel along PLUS Highway to Jawi, turn out from highway to the old Federal Road, when you arrive at the traffic light junction, turn right. You are on Jawi District now.
Jawi residents are multiraces. Many local government offices such as District Police Department, District Hospital, Registration Office and the MPSP, the local government are located in Sungai Jawi.
Famous Malaysian foods are easily found here. For Tourists and local Chinese community, the favourite food in Sungai Bakap are the Teochew leek cake, turnip cake and pumpkin cake. The roasted duck rice is also famous too. Do not miss good food if you travel to Jawi.
People in Jawi live on palm oil tree plantation, vegetable and fruit farming can be easily seen along the road side. Livestock farming of chicken, duck and pig is also a major industry beside furniture industries which is famous.
Bukit Jawi Golf Resort is a famous sports and recreations resort located at Jalan Sempah. It is highly recommended if you want to relax and away from the hustle and bustle of the city life.
Other more convenience choice, you can choose to stay in the New Town Hotel or Jawi Inn, nearby to the town.
- Pros:enjoy relaxation away from the city
- In a nutshell:Small town with good foods and sporty.
This family must be rich in Sungai Bakap some time ago. Now, their grand children only come back once a while for... more travel advice
Sungai Bakap has many favourite cuisine which attract the people who prefer good food not only local people but... more travel advice
DaHongHua's Related Pages
Jawi Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Jawi
- 6 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Jawi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jawi
Top 10 Pages
- Parit Buntar Intro, 43 reviews, 140 photos
- Bali Intro, 33 reviews, 123 photos
- Hat Yai Intro, 26 reviews, 122 photos, 5 travelogues
- Penang Intro, 28 reviews, 99 photos
- Nibung Tebal Intro, 21 reviews, 85 photos
- Taiwan Intro, 6 reviews, 99 photos, 9 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 15 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jakarta Intro, 15 reviews, 73 photos
- Kampung Bukit Tinggi Intro, 15 reviews, 52 photos
- Cameron Highlands Intro, 13 reviews, 52 photos