"Lembah Bujang ( Bujang Valley ), Kedah" Kampong Bujang by DaHongHua
Kampong Bujang Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 58 photos
The Malay Langkasuka Kingdom which received and absorbed the influence of Hinduism and Buddhism is very strong, during the 5th century near here at Kuala Sungai Merbok, before Penang and Melaka.
The archaeology research by European has already started since 1840ies, until 1970ies, local archaeologists and universities involved in the reserch.
Following that, a muzeum was built to keep more than 1000 artifacts which had found.
It is believed that it was built using granite, there are 66 holes around the platform which holding the wood for the roof of this candi. The wooden poles and roof has disappeared.
- Pros:Malaysian oldest archeology site
- In a nutshell:Archaeology research, archaeology museum and fishing village nearby
For Malaysian who are interested in archeology, before you actually goto Angkor Wat in Siem Reap, Candi Borobudur in... more travel advice
The exhibits shown the Hinduism influence has already exists since 4th - 5th century in the Bujang Valley ancient... more travel advice
DaHongHua's Related Pages
Kampong Bujang Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lembah Bujang ( Bujang Valley ), Kedah"
- "Lembah Bujang~Bujang Valley - archaelogical site"
- "Lembah Bujang / Bujang Valley"
- "Bujang Valley Archeological Museum"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kampong Bujang
- 10 Reviews
- 39 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Kampong Bujang?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kampong Bujang
Photos in Kampong BujangSee All Photos (39)
Top 10 Pages
- Penang Intro, 63 reviews, 242 photos
- Parit Buntar Intro, 60 reviews, 224 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bali Intro, 32 reviews, 121 photos
- Hat Yai Intro, 26 reviews, 122 photos, 5 travelogues
- Nibung Tebal Intro, 26 reviews, 106 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 23 reviews, 105 photos, 2 travelogues
- Taiwan Intro, 6 reviews, 99 photos, 9 travelogues
- Jakarta Intro, 15 reviews, 73 photos
- Kota Kinabalu Intro, 15 reviews, 68 photos
- Tanjung Piandang Intro, 14 reviews, 56 photos