"Gambang, Pahang, Malaysia" Gambang by DaHongHua

Gambang Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 40 photos

The shop houses along the main road

Gambang is a small town 35km west from Kuantan. I came here because my son study in the Kolej Matrikulasi Pahang in Gambang. Chinese and Malay community live in this small town. Majority of the Chinese people, built their houses, behind the shop houses, on the land up hill land. Gambang is now famous because of Bukit Gambang Resort and Water Park, the KMPh College, the University Malaysia Pahang. New shop houses and housing estate are being developed. Soon, it will be a bigger township as it is nearby to Kuantan.

Forest in Gambang

From the highest point of Bukit Gambang Resort City at the Arabian Resort, I took this photo facing west. This piece of native jungle could disappear after being develope, maybe 5-6 years later. I guess, people who live here earn their living in agricuture and timber related industry.

Try the food here rather than Kuantan

To have a meal in Gambang is rather easy as we can easily seen a few Chinese Kopitiam ( coffee shop ) so as Malay and Indian restaurant if we keep down our driving speed. During my stayed, I try the food in two Chinese Kopitiam. The shop are busy with the keeper are family members and the customers are mainly the villagers. They speak Cantonese. See my review to know more of the food.

• Pros:simple, sincere, not commercialise
  • Cons:not well known and easily bypass if you travel EC Highway
  • In a nutshell:A developing town 35km from Kuantan
  • Last visit to Gambang: Jun 2012
  • Intro Written Nov 1, 2012

Comments

DaHongHua

“Travel Local, Travel International, At Least Once A Year.”

Badges & Stats in Gambang

Have you been to Gambang?