"Parit Buntar - My Home Town" Parit Buntar by DaHongHua
Parit Buntar Travel Guide: 56 reviews and 207 photos
Being my hometown, I love Parit Buntar, just like others who love their hometown. Parit Buntar is located across 3 states' border, the neighbouring town are Nibong Tebal in Penang state and Bandar Baharu in Kedah state. Visitors can have a journey in 10 minutes drive to 3 visit states.
Perak state has 10 districts and Parit Buntar being the major town in Kerian district as most of the government offices are here.
The transportation is very convenience, the bus and taxi terminal is relocated to Parit Buntar new township since 1993. Taxi services is to nearby town such as Bagan Serai, Taiping, Tanjung Piandang and Kuala Kurau. Short distance bus services to Taiping, Bukit Mertajam and Butterworth and long distance express bus services to north ( Alor Setar ) and south ( Kuala Lumpur, Johor Bahru, Melaka and Singapore ) and to east coast ( Kuantan, Kelantan and Terengganu ) is available from here. For train, the double tracks railway station will start its operation by June 2013. Right now, the old railway system has only one track.
Many tourist attractions such as the Kuala Gula Bird Sanctuary, The Kerian River fireflies watching, The aquacultul prawn and fish farming, The famous Night Market, Tangjung Piandang and Kuala Kurau fishing villages, The Bukit Merah Laketown Resort are all near here. Travelling time within Panang International Airport is only 60 minutes.
There are at least 5 entrances you may reach Parit Buntar. The photo shown the way from Bandar Baharu, Kedah, just after you cross the Kerian River Bridge, you will meet this Welcome Signboard.
The others are from :
1. USM, Taman Pekaka - when you cross the state border, the JKR office is on your right and the Kediaman Yang Dipertua MDK, the Dewan Merdeka, Sungai Kerian is on your left. Drive further 500m, the clock tower is in front of you.
2. Permatang Tok Mahat, Nibong Tebal - at the T junction, turn right to Hospital and school area, turn left to old town area.
3. Permatang Kling, Simpang Empat - at this cross junction and if you are from north, make a left turn then you are on Jalan Sempadan. Now your right is Perak and your left is Penang.
4. Simpang Tiga - this is actually a cross junction, if you are from south, turn right into Parit Buntar. The Taman Wawasan and Taman Seri Tenggara is on your left. 500m from Simpang Tiga, you will meet another traffic light junction, turn right to enter Pusat Bandar Parit Buntar. The major shopping complexs and the taxi and bus terminal are all here. The Parit Buntar Industrial Park is also in this area. At the same traffic light junction just now, if you go strait, you will reach the old town area after 3 km drive.
Future development, there could be new road to reach Parit Buntar from Simpang Lima or Dennistown.
The story to remember :
The bridge was built after the ferry tragedy in 13 September 1972 which killed 27 lives. During that raining morning, the over loaded cabel ferry sunk as the river water flow fast. Among the decease were the school children who on board on a school bus.
- Pros:a cross 3 states town, many attractions nearby
- Cons:When Friday Pasar Malam - Traffic Jam
- In a nutshell:old town and new township, and still growing
Due to the lower level of some surface and flooded issue, the Temple Committee has decided to surface the fore ground of... more travel advice
During my solo bicycle ride today, I try to climb the main railway over bridge travel by car, I also try to use the... more travel advice
- See All Catholic Church of Lady of Good Health
- See All A few short cut paths
- Sin Hwa Primary School Sport Day 2014
- See All Nasi Kandar and Roti Canai
DaHongHua's Related Pages
Parit Buntar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Parit Buntar - My Home Town"
- "Parit Buntar-Bandar Baharu, a tale of two towns?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Parit Buntar
- Transportation in Parit Buntar
- Nightlife in Parit Buntar
- Restaurants in Parit Buntar
- Shopping in Parit Buntar
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Parit Buntar
- 58 Reviews
- 207 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Parit Buntar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Parit Buntar
- Posted in Travel Muar Forum "Re: bus schedule> Muar to Melaka"
- Wrote a Review Upgrading the fore ground of NaTokKong temple in Parit Buntar Local Customs
- Uploaded a Photo to "Upgrading the fore ground of NaTokKong temple"
- Commented on one of DaHongHua's Parit Buntar travel pages
- Uploaded a Video to Parit Buntar
- updated a Parit Buntar Travel Page "Parit Buntar - My Home Town"
Photos in Parit BuntarSee All Photos (207)
Videos in Parit BuntarSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Parit Buntar Intro, 58 reviews, 207 photos
- Penang Intro, 49 reviews, 188 photos
- Bali Intro, 32 reviews, 121 photos
- Hat Yai Intro, 26 reviews, 122 photos, 5 travelogues
- Nibung Tebal Intro, 25 reviews, 101 photos
- Taiwan Intro, 6 reviews, 99 photos, 9 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 16 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jakarta Intro, 15 reviews, 73 photos
- Kota Kinabalu Intro, 15 reviews, 68 photos
- Tanjung Piandang Intro, 14 reviews, 56 photos