"Nibong Tebal - a crossborder small town" Nibung Tebal by DaHongHua
Nibung Tebal Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 85 photos
Nibong Tebal in Penang State and its neighbouring towns, Parit Buntar in Perak and Bandar Baharu in Kedah form a simple triangle which the three towns in three different states has their own speciality. The people of these places always move around in the towns for daily living. Some stay in Nibong Tebal but their children study in Parit Buntar and earn their living in Bandar Baharu or the other ways. For people who first visited here, they will be brought to a drive of less than 15 minutes to travel to three different states.
The railway overhead bridge in the photo is the landmark of Nibong Tebal. People who travelling via PLUS highway from North would turn out from Sungai Jawi Interchange for Nibong Tebal and Parit Buntar. From the Sungai Jawi Exit, turn left, after driving for 1.5km, the overhead bridge is in front of you. Drive across the bridge and take a immediate left turn into the Nibong Tebal Old Town. If you wish to go to Parit Buntar, while you are on the overhead bridge, just keep straight and follow the road signs.
An old township with old shops are still doing their businesses and new satelite townships are built nearby. Photo shown the old town main road, heading towards Teluk Ipil and Ladang Victoria. The town is busy in the daytime when business activities are on. At night, this road is busy because two famous Chinese Restaurant are here and tourist who come for fireflies watching will meet at the jetty and the end of this road.
Seafood restaurant is famous here, to name them, there are :
N. T. Chang Kee Reastaurant, In front of Shell Station,
Law Chang Kee Restaurant, High Road
Heng Lee Reastaurant, Taman Bukit Panchor
Henry Seafood Restaurant, Taman Bukit Panchor
Khee Hiang Restaurant, Jalan Dato Keramat
Kee Heng Restaurant, High Road
Kee Tik Ciak Dim Sum Restaurant, Jalan Dato Keramat
Swee Garden Restaurant, behind Maybank, High Road
- Pros:Many interesting things to explore
- Cons:tourism is not the main business
- In a nutshell:seafood, fireflies, across 3 states in 10 minutes
Taman Negeri Bukit Panchor is a state forest reserved park. The authority has design and built the park with facilities... more travel advice
Sundry food and steam boat foodstuff preparation before Chinese New Year ? Get them from the Taman Berjaya Market in... more travel advice
DaHongHua's Related Pages
Nibung Tebal Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Nibung Tebal
- Nightlife in Nibung Tebal
- Restaurants in Nibung Tebal
- Shopping in Nibung Tebal
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nibung Tebal
- 21 Reviews
- 85 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Nibung Tebal?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nibung Tebal
- Posted in Travel Kuala Lumpur Forum "Re: train fare from KL sentral to..."
- Wrote a Review Taman Negeri Bukit Panchor - Camping Site in Nibung Tebal Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Taman Negeri Bukit Panchor - Camping Site"
- updated a Nibung Tebal Travel Page "Nibong Tebal - a crossborder small town"
Photos in Nibung TebalSee All Photos (85)
Top 10 Pages
- Parit Buntar Intro, 42 reviews, 135 photos
- Hat Yai Intro, 26 reviews, 122 photos, 5 travelogues
- Penang Intro, 26 reviews, 92 photos
- Nibung Tebal Intro, 21 reviews, 85 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 15 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues
- Taiwan Intro, 5 reviews, 78 photos, 7 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 20 reviews, 63 photos
- Kampung Bukit Tinggi Intro, 15 reviews, 52 photos
- Cameron Highlands Intro, 13 reviews, 52 photos
- Sungai Lembing Intro, 14 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue