"September 2014, Kota Kinabalu" DaHongHua's Profile

2nd Penang Bridge is opened on 1 March 2014

The 2nd Penang Bridge, the Jambatan Sultan Abdul Halim that link Penang Island @ Batu Maung and the mainland @ Batu Kawan is officially opened by the Prime Minister on 1st March 2014 and was free pass is given to all user for a month. I travelled the bridge for the 1st time on 6 March 2014. It is not a straight bridge, the total length of it is 24km. Motorists can enter the bridge from PLUS Highway turn out from the 2nd Bridge intersection, keep right and drive straight for the bridge and heading Bayan Lepas or Batu Maung. If you wish to enter Batu Kawan Industrial Park, keep left. You may resume for the bridge from Batu Kawan intersection.
The semi-curved arch is the magnificent intergated toll building with 28 lanes for the motorists to pay the PLUS highway and the bridge ticket.

2014 Year of Horse Greeting

2014 is year of Horse. My new year wish is being healthy and wealthy to keep on my travelling wish : to travel local and abroad, at least once a year. Beside being self healthy, we need to do somethings to help our mother earth to keep her healthy too. Developement has hurt and damaged the land we live on. Convenience and comfort has harm and sacrifice our future. We must think of environmental friendly, please Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Replace and Repair and Reduce.... , always do things to save our environment as we breathe the same air and enjoy the same sun.
I would like to wish all VT friends ( more than half million ) and my registered VT friends ( 74 to date ) a very successful year 2014, enjoy travellings and being good health.

Hello and greeting from DaHongHua

Hello, I like to VT to others members' travel pages especially to a place I haven't heard before, that is why and where I benefit from VT.
To VT members who are on birthday, I send happy birthday greeting to them, particularly to the active members, I only failed to do so when I was too busy during that day.
To all VTers, I invite you to VT my hometown pages - PARIT BUNTAR in Malaysia.
Thank you.

My Travelling Record :
1993 and earlier -
Mostly domestic travelling to Penang, KL, Ipoh, Melaka, Sungai Petani, Baling, Genting Highlands, Cameron Highlands, Pulau Langkawi, Pulau Pangkor, Pulau Tioman, Kuala Selangor, Pulau Ketam, Port Kelang .....
1993 - Bangkok, Pattaya, Chiang Mai, Cheng Rai ( 8D7N )
1995 - Singapore, Sentosa Island
1996 until 2002 -
Bukit Kayu Hitam, Gua Kelam, Penang, Melaka, Pedu Lake, Gunung Jerai, Kota Bharu, Pahang Felda Jengka, Alor Setar, Pantai Merdeka, Pantai Remis, .....
2002 -
Kota Kinabalu, Kundasang, Sandakan, Lahad Datu, Kunak, Sempurna, Tawau, Pulau Sipadan, Pulau Mabul in Sabah and Sibu, Kuching in Sarawak.
2003 - Bukit Kayu Hitam, Hat Yai, Songkhla, Shanghai
2004 - Medan, 8D7N of Shanghai, Hangzhou, Suzhou, Nanjing, Wuxi
2005 - Kanggar, Padang Besar
2006 - Sandakan, Kuala Kedah, Pulau Langkawi, Gunung Jerai
2007 - Cameron Highlands
2008 - Genting Highlands
2009 - Jakarta ( 5D4N )
2010 - Kuala Terengganu, Pulau Redang, Taiwan ( 8D7N )
2011 - Bali ( 5D4N ), Cambodia - Phnom Penh and Siam Reap ( 5D4N )
2012 - Cameron Highlands, Gopeng, Kuantan, Teluk Chempedak, Gambang, Tasik Chini's Jetty @ Kg. Belimbing, Hat Yai ( 3D2N ), Lembah Bujang, Jetty Merbok, ( 6D5N ) Hong Kong, Macau, Guangzhou, Panyu, Zhuhai, Shenzhen round trip.
2013 - Bentong, Sungai Lembing, Bukit Tinggi, Kajang, Bali ( 6D5N ), Bangi, KL and Beijing, Tianjin, Chengde ( 9D8N )
2014 - Gunung Jerai, Lembah Bujang ( with Theo1006 ), Sungai Burung

From 21 April, 2012, I started to send Happy Birthday Greetings to VT friends. I normally send greeting to 3 - 10 VT friends on their birthdays. Sometimes, I failed to do so, when I was too busy doing other things until couldn't login to VT.

My future domestic trip : Kuching
My future international trip : Vietnam, Korea ?
I started to record the progress of my VT ranking since 28 July 2012
130720 / 37 / 308 / 1237 / 17273 / 59 / 2434
140127 / 42 / 363 / 1510 / 21140 / 74 / 2055
140618 / 44 / 400 / 1695 / 23340 / 85 / 1724

Malaysia Ringgit New Notes effective 16 July 2012

New Malaysian Notes of value RM1, RM5, RM10, RM20, RM50 and RM100 were introduced on 16th July 2012. The new note come with extra security features ( Logon into www.bnm.gov.my for more informations ). The RM1 and RM5 are made of polymer material and others remain as paper material. Many Malaysian collectors rush to the Bank Negara branch offices to get copies of new notes. The old notes are still valid until a further notice by Bank Negara Malaysia.

Malaysian new coins effective 1 Jan 2012

The real world

This is a newspaper cutting in Chinese, I try to translate them in English except the Germany which I can't understand, if I am wrong, please correct me.

Travel oversea, to know the real world, please do not hesitate, just take your backpack, and go!
In Europe ¨C you discover there are no fake products to shop.
In North Europe ¨C you notice the sun is missing for a nap.
In Hong Kong ¨C you discover, all celebrities are with face mask.
In Holland ¨C you realize, the sea level is high.
In Thailand ¨C you meet with, beautiful lady boys, hiding their gun under the skirt.
In France ¨C when you dalliance by others, also very exotic.
In Russia ¨C you discover Vodka, is only a daily drink.
In Hawaii ¨C you found, their ladies do not need bra.
In Argentina ¨C people get surprise and faint because you do not know football.
In Korea ¨C you realize, the beautiful faces, are not God¡¯s creation.
In Germany ¨C
In Brazil ¨C you do not feel shy, if you wear less cloth.
In England ¨C you are surprise, the happiness and joy in fairy tales, are all counterfeit.
In Japan ¨C you found people who do not want to admit mistake, are in good manner.
In Mexico ¨C you can go to America by go through underpass.
In Panama ¨C you know the importance of sovereignty of a river.
In Canada ¨C you found the population is just as Beijing, even the land is bigger than China.
In China ¨C 9 out of 10 are cheating, and the last is under training.
In USA ¨C regardless to whom, you can raise a lawsuit.
In Australia ¨C you found small animals and kangaroo, are troubling.
In Switzerland ¨C it is ridiculous to open a bank account with less than a million USD.
In Italy ¨C you hardly see GUCCI and PRADA, compare to in China.
In Austria - you would see a bagger on the street, is a musician.
In Vatican - you can easily hit a bird from Rome if you fire a shoot.

31st Aug, Merdeka Day; 16th Sept, Malaysia Day

31st August 2013 , Malaysia is 56 and going 57, I wish my country peace and harmony

• Intro Updated Jun 18, 2014

• jayjayc's Profile Photo
    Jul 19, 2014 at 10:49 AM

I'm LATE. Happy happy birthday! Cheers!

• mili_143's Profile Photo
    Jul 18, 2014 at 11:17 AM

wish you many many happy returns of the day......belated

• rolphbronkhorst's Profile Photo
    Jul 18, 2014 at 8:12 AM

Sorry I am a little late due to other commitments. I hope you have had a nice birthday and I wish you many more to come.

• isolatedpawn's Profile Photo
    Jul 18, 2014 at 7:37 AM

happy birthday to you happy birthday to you happy birthday happy birthday happy birthday to you

Jul 18, 2014 at 7:31 PM

It is very nice of you. Hope the typhoon that hits your area be over very soon.

• tanamay's Profile Photo
    Jul 16, 2014 at 10:00 PM

Belated happy birthday!

Jul 18, 2014 at 1:31 AM

It is very nice of you, thank you. You too have a happy day !

• HarShe's Profile Photo
    Jul 15, 2014 at 11:41 AM

Happy Birthday

Jul 16, 2014 at 12:33 AM

Thanks Harsha. It is very nice of you, I wish you good luck.

• kharmencita's Profile Photo
    Jul 15, 2014 at 8:33 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND WISHING YOU THE BEST! REGARDS FROM GERMANY ;-)

Jul 16, 2014 at 12:29 AM

Thanks Carmen, Germany won World Cup again after 20 over years on my birthday. Well done, it is the best World Cup ever, are you a football fan ?

• TooTallFinn24's Profile Photo
    Jul 14, 2014 at 5:30 PM

Hoping today is a great birthday for you! Happy travels in the coming year!

Jul 14, 2014 at 9:28 PM

Thanks Steven, I have a great day with family and a great Japanese dinner at Sakae Sushi.

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Jul 14, 2014 at 4:46 PM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!

Jul 14, 2014 at 9:25 PM

Hi Maynard, thanks for your greet. I enjoy a lovely day with family.

• easyout4u's Profile Photo
    Jul 14, 2014 at 4:34 PM

Around the corner already,..best to you,make it count my friend !

Jul 16, 2014 at 12:21 AM

Many non Asian VTers like durian, also there are some really hate the smell. When come the chance, you must try it, but do make sure it is the good one to start loving it.

• easyout4u's Profile Photo
      Jul 16, 2014 at 7:32 PM

thanks for the good advice.

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
DaHongHua's Profile Photo

DaHongHua

“Travel Local, Travel International, At Least Once A Year.”

Real Name