"From the Beach to Beyond..." rudysmom626's Profile

Just a few Places I love!

Hi everyone at VT! I've just joined the VT team, so bare with me while I learn how to post tips and photos and explore the site! In the meantime, I've heard a picture says a thousand words... so here are a few from my favorite places I've been so far, and a few more of places I'm dying to go!

Barcelona - my first living abroad experience!

In August of 2006, my family abandoned our usual trip to Italy (tho we still love Italy - pasta + art + leather = yum) and visited Spain for the first time. I completely fell in love with Barcelona, and swore I would return as soon as I could. In the fall of 2007, I did a Spanish language immersion program in Barcelona, residing in El Born and completing my trip with a 2 week trip thru Andalucia, including Sevilla, Cordoba, and Granada. You can expect many more pictures from this amazing 10 week experience!

A Fashion Photographer's take on Travel Photos

Everyone who loves street style reads The Sartorialist (http://www.thesartorialist.com/), but one aspect of street style that rarely gets discussed is how much these photographers get to travel! With the most widely-covered fashion weeks in New York, Paris, Milan, and London... many fashion photographers go to at least 4 different countries twice a year just for the fashion weeks alone! While the majority of the Sartorialist's photos are focused on fashion, I've had this photo he took as my computer screensaver for months - Venice! I loved Venice so much when I visited - it immediately became my favorite Italian city! Perhaps it's because I am such a water baby (I guess that is a Cancer thing - sorry to bring up astrology, I do live in LA after all haha), but I find the bridges and water everywhere to be very romantic and almost other-worldly! While it's been years since I've been there, it's a place I hope to get back to someday soon!

A Few of my Favorite Places I've Been

In The United States:

This list is somewhat facilitated by the fact my father was an Air Force brat and believes in moving around a lot...

Connecticut shoreline
Block Island, RI
Boston, Mass
Nolita, New York City, NY
Georgetown, Washington, DC
Austin, Texas
Hanalei, Kauai, Hawaii
and the town I live in: Santa Monica in Los Angeles, California!

Outside the US:
Venice, Italy
Siena, Italy

Trips this Year and Upcoming Adventures

2011 at a glance
Jan: Florida to see my parents
Mar: NYC & CT
April: Coachella & Palm Springs for the Coachella Music Festival
Aug: NYC, St. Thomas, St. John's
Dec: Florida to see my parents - do layovers in Dallas & Chicago count? :(

Travel in 2012
April: Coachella & Palm Springs
May: Boston, Portsmouth, & Exeter for my PEA 10 year reunion!
June: Savannah for my sister's SCAD graduation!
Nov: Rancho la Puerta in Tecate, Mexico for a spa getaway!
Dec: Miami to visit my parents and baby sister

Travel in 2013 (EEK when did it become 2013!)

Mar: Ojai for a long weekend
April: Amelia Island, FL for my baby sister's wedding!
June: Terranea for my 30th bday!
Sept: San Francisco & Sausalito for a wedding!
Nov: Hong Kong, Shanghai, and Tokyo for Thanksgiving trip!
Dec: Miami & Key West to see my family for Xmas!

Places I want to go:

Domestic: Santa Fe, Sedona, Charleston, a longer stay in NYC, Chicago, Santa Barbara, a longer trip to SF and Napa. I also really want to go to Amangiri, the resort in Page, Utah, and explore all the national parks (Zion, Bryce Canyon, Monument Valley, and Grand Canyon).

International: Buenos Aires, Greece & Istanbul, a Western European cities tour including Brussels, Antwerp, Amsterdam, & Copenhagen; Prague; Vienna; Berlin; Portugal; Rio de Janiero; San Miguel de Allende & Pueblo, Mexico; Cartaegna, Columbia; TOKYO, Hong Kong, Thailand, Singapore... oh and Vancouver.

• Intro Updated Dec 22, 2013

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
rudysmom626's Profile Photo

rudysmom626

“If you can shop it, she will come...”

Real Name