"From the Beach to Beyond..." rudysmom626's Profile
Hi everyone at VT! I've just joined the VT team, so bare with me while I learn how to post tips and photos and explore the site! In the meantime, I've heard a picture says a thousand words... so here are a few from my favorite places I've been so far, and a few more of places I'm dying to go!
In August of 2006, my family abandoned our usual trip to Italy (tho we still love Italy - pasta + art + leather = yum) and visited Spain for the first time. I completely fell in love with Barcelona, and swore I would return as soon as I could. In the fall of 2007, I did a Spanish language immersion program in Barcelona, residing in El Born and completing my trip with a 2 week trip thru Andalucia, including Sevilla, Cordoba, and Granada. You can expect many more pictures from this amazing 10 week experience!
Everyone who loves street style reads The Sartorialist (http://www.thesartorialist.com/), but one aspect of street style that rarely gets discussed is how much these photographers get to travel! With the most widely-covered fashion weeks in New York, Paris, Milan, and London... many fashion photographers go to at least 4 different countries twice a year just for the fashion weeks alone! While the majority of the Sartorialist's photos are focused on fashion, I've had this photo he took as my computer screensaver for months - Venice! I loved Venice so much when I visited - it immediately became my favorite Italian city! Perhaps it's because I am such a water baby (I guess that is a Cancer thing - sorry to bring up astrology, I do live in LA after all haha), but I find the bridges and water everywhere to be very romantic and almost other-worldly! While it's been years since I've been there, it's a place I hope to get back to someday soon!
In The United States:
This list is somewhat facilitated by the fact my father was an Air Force brat and believes in moving around a lot...
Block Island, RI
Nolita, New York City, NY
Georgetown, Washington, DC
Hanalei, Kauai, Hawaii
and the town I live in: Santa Monica in Los Angeles, California!
Outside the US:
El Born, Barcelona, Spain
Left Bank, Paris, France
Lucca, Tuscany, Italy
2011 at a glance
Jan: Florida to see my parents
Mar: NYC & CT
April: Coachella & Palm Springs for the Coachella Music Festival
Aug: NYC, St. Thomas, St. John's
Dec: Florida to see my parents - do layovers in Dallas & Chicago count? :(
Travel in 2012
April: Coachella & Palm Springs
May: Boston, Portsmouth, & Exeter for my PEA 10 year reunion!
June: Savannah for my sister's SCAD graduation!
Nov: Rancho la Puerta in Tecate, Mexico for a spa getaway!
Dec: Miami to visit my parents and baby sister
Travel in 2013 (EEK when did it become 2013!)
Mar: Ojai for a long weekend
April: Amelia Island, FL for my baby sister's wedding!
June: EuroMeet! (and hopefully some more places in Europe!)
Aug: Tokyo, Shanghai, Hong Kong, & Singapore!
Dec: Miami to see my family for Xmas!
Places I want to go:
Domestic: Santa Fe, Sedona, Charleston, a longer stay in NYC, Chicago, Santa Barbara, a longer trip to SF and Napa. I also really want to go to Amangiri, the resort in Page, Utah, and explore all the national parks (Zion, Bryce Canyon, Monument Valley, and Grand Canyon).
International: Buenos Aires, Greece & Istanbul, a Western European cities tour including Brussels, Antwerp, Amsterdam, & Copenhagen; Prague; Vienna; Berlin; Portugal; Rio de Janiero; San Miguel de Allende & Pueblo, Mexico; Cartaegna, Columbia; TOKYO, Hong Kong, Thailand, Singapore... oh and Vancouver.
Personal Pages (2)
Written Feb 15, 2012
Fresh Rudy Pics!
Written Jan 17, 2012
The Rudy behind Rudy's Mom
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
- Subic Hotels
- Las Vegas Hotels
- Parish of Portland Hotels
- Key West Hotels
- Makati Hotels
- Cagayan de Oro City Hotels
- Bacolod City Hotels
- Laoag City Hotels
- Boracay Island Hotels
- Davao Hotels
- Coron Hotels
- Southern Province Hotels
- Ipoh Hotels
- Ottawa Hotels
- Pulau Mamutik Hotels
- Broad Ripple Hotels
- Portland Hotels
- Boon Lay Hotels
- Addis Ababa Hotels
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 43 Reviews
- 220 Photos
- 5 Countries
- 14 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- Commented on one of toonsarah's Osaka tips
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: December Cover Photo"
- rudysmom626 and shavy are now friends.
- updated a Rancho Palos Verdes Travel Page "Great spot for Birthdays and Weddings!"
- Wrote a Review Marine Layer in Rancho Palos Verdes Local Customs
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Spa at Terranea"
updated their Profile Page "From the Beach to Beyond..."
- Commented on the Santa Monica travel guide
Top 10 Pages
- Ojai Intro, 12 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rancho Palos Verdes Intro, 10 reviews, 29 photos
- Boston Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos
- Tecate Intro, 1 review, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kauai Intro, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Córdoba Intro, 1 review, 7 photos
- Hanalei 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Portsmouth Intro, 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22457 Reviews - 54961 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2699 Reviews - 7919 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23314 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15642 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2056 Reviews - 3865 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8419 Reviews - 17290 Photos