"Vieux Montreal" Montreal by Ewingjr98

Montreal Travel Guide: 3,684 reviews and 6,888 photos

I had heard a lot about Montreal's history, restaurants, and nightlife. When I went in November 2002, I was somewhat disappointed by Montreal, probably because I had such high expectations.

However, Old Montreal is a colorful place with European feel, Mont Royal is a nice hike offering a nice view of the city, and the islands in the river are certainly worth visiting. Olympic Stadium is over-hyped and probably not worth the trip unless you are in the neighborhood for other reasons.

• Pros:Old Montreal is great
  • In a nutshell:Enjoy Old Montreal's Old-Europe feel!
  • Last visit to Montreal: Nov 2002
  • Intro Updated Mar 23, 2007

• GentleSpirit's Profile Photo
    Jul 15, 2012 at 5:03 PM

I was in Montreal on vacation right as the financial crisis was happening in the states. I too loved old Montreal, I was there just at the height of autumn so all the leaves were in full color, it was magnificent!

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2007 at 2:09 PM

An interesting account of your Montreal experiences - too bad you were there in November, the 'worst' month in my opinion of Canuck weather. I've never yet made it to Ft Chambly, sounds interesting. Yes, hard to beat the Vieux Montreal ambiance!

• CALSF's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2004 at 1:05 PM

Good tips. I visited Montreal's old town courtesy of my family who lives in Beaconsfield. I must say it's very nice.

Ewingjr98 Visits Here Frequently!

Ewingjr98

“"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." ~ Ernest Hemingway”

Badges & Stats in Montreal

Have you been to Montreal?

Latest Activity in Montreal