"Rosslyn" Rosslyn by Ewingjr98
Rosslyn Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 67 photos
Rosslyn, an unincorporated urban district in Arlington, VA is one of the densest areas of skyscrapers and office buildings in the DC metro area, really only comparable to nearby Crystal City. This neighborhood is accessible via Rosslyn Station on the Metro Blue and Orange Lines, making it popular for commuters coming or going.
During the day the neighborhood is packed with businessmen and military who frequent the area's dozens of cafe's and sandwich shops. While it gets quieter at night, there is still a lot of pedestrian traffic hitting a few of the big restaurants and handful of bars. This area has a surprising number of residential apartments and condos that actually make up about two-thirds of the Rosslyn area.
I have spent quite a bit of time in Rosslyn for business. In fact I worked here from 2008 into 2009... I have previously stayed in the Holiday Inn and the Residence Inn, and I have eaten at a few of the local restaurants including Ray's Hell Burger, Cafe Asia, Red Hot and Blue BBQ, Spice of Life Cafe, Cu Cu's Cafeteria, Kanpai Sushi, and about a dozens little local cafes.
Rosslyn is home to the Marine Corps Iwo Jima Monument, the Theodore Roosevelt Memorial, and it borders Arlington National Cemetery. This is also the location of historic Fort Corcoran, numerous trails, lots of public art, and a few small neighborhood parks. This area was also once the area's red light district.
Some of the public art in Rosslyn includes "Dark Star Park" near the Iwo Jima Monument (1984), "Cupid's Garden" right on... more travel advice
Fort Ethan Allen was an earthwork fort in Arlington, Virginia. It was built by the Union Army in 1861 as part of the... more travel advice
- Driving and parking in Rosslyn
- Vantage Point Bar & Restaurant - Rosslyn
- See All Kanpai Sushi - Rosslyn, Arlington, VA
Ewingjr98's Related Pages
Rosslyn Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Rosslyn
- Hotels in Rosslyn
- Transportation in Rosslyn
- Nightlife in Rosslyn
- Restaurants in Rosslyn
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rosslyn
- 28 Reviews
- 65 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (68)
Have you been to Rosslyn?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rosslyn
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tampa Intro, 283 reviews, 1242 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monterey Intro, 245 reviews, 1123 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington D.C. Intro, 194 reviews, 902 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seoul Intro, 214 reviews, 848 photos, 17 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 150 reviews, 753 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alexandria Intro, 168 reviews, 735 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Francisco Intro, 107 reviews, 469 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh Intro, 90 reviews, 470 photos, 12 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 100 reviews, 415 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arlington Intro, 71 reviews, 373 photos, 4 travelogues