"Savannah & nearby Shiloh Battlefield" Savannah by Ewingjr98
Savannah Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 79 photos
Savannah, Tennessee may be a small rural town, but it has several attractions for history enthusiasts. Most importantly, the Battle of Shiloh took place just a few miles from here at a village called Pittsburg Landing. Prior to the battle Union General Grant stayed at a mansion on Main Street Savannah, called the Cherry Mansion. In addition to this fine Victorian home, Savannah boast more than a dozen other historic residences from the Civil War time period.
For nature lovers, the Tennessee River is a popular spot to swim, boat, and fish, and Pickwick Lake offers great summer fun for the region.
Savannah also has a historic downtown area with a traditional main street. We had lunch at a local barbecue restaurant here called the Hickory Pit. Savannah also has a few newer stores like Lowes.
The Tennessee River runs 652 miles from Knoxville in eastern Tennessee, across northern Alabama, back through central... more travel advice
Crump is located just across the river from Savannah. This tiny town of only 1,521 people is most recognizable by its... more travel advice
Ewingjr98's Related Pages
Savannah Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Savannah & nearby Shiloh Battlefield"
- "Home of Shilo National Mililtary Park"
- "Step Back In Time"
- "Basaic Savannah Page"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Savannah
- 10 Reviews
- 50 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (69)
Have you been to Savannah?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Savannah
Top 10 Pages
- Tokyo Intro, 259 reviews, 1383 photos, 26 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tampa Intro, 283 reviews, 1243 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monterey Intro, 245 reviews, 1123 photos, 7 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 223 reviews, 1029 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington D.C. Intro, 194 reviews, 902 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seoul Intro, 214 reviews, 848 photos, 17 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alexandria Intro, 168 reviews, 735 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Francisco Intro, 107 reviews, 469 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh Intro, 90 reviews, 470 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arlington Intro, 71 reviews, 373 photos, 4 travelogues