Lucinda Favorite Tips by Ewingjr98
Lucinda Favorites: 2 reviews and 6 photos
Favorite thing: Next to the historic Lucinda Train Station is another old building. This one stands three-stories high, making it the largest building in Lucinda other than St. Joseph's Church. I can only guess at the original use of this building--perhaps a mill or an inn? Either would make sense at this location.
In recent years, it was abandoned, but it was restored in the late 1990s or early 2000s. For awhile it was supposed to have been a bed and breakfast, but it seems to just be a (huge) private residence now.
Favorite thing: I grew up in Lucinda, about 10 miles north of Clarion. We spent a lot of time here for shopping, dining, movies, basketball at the University, cruising Main, the annual Autumn Leaf Festival, and more.
Clarion County was created in 1839 from parts of neighboring Venango and Armstrong Counties, and Clarion borough is the seat of Clarion County. The first courthouse in Clarion was completed in 1843 but burned in 1859. The second courthouse was constructed in 1863, and this structure burned in 1882.
The present Clarion Courthouse was completed in 1885, and it houses the county offices, including the county commissioners who are the chief executives of the county. Its most distinctive feature is the 9 foot diameter clock face, but the bell is also impressive at 1,313 pounds. From the ground to lady Justice on the top of the tower is 213 feet, easily the tallest structure in town.
The nearby Clarion River offers many recreational opportunities for Clarion residents. Boating, swimming, canoing, fishing, and water skiing are all common activities throughout the summer. In the fall the Clarion River Valley lights up with impressive oranges, reds, and browns as the leaves of the hardwood trees change color--leading to Clarion's famous annual Autumn Leaf Festival!
Main Street is the heart of Clarion in terms of history, shopping, restaurants, nightlife, education, and more. From the courthouse and the borough park across Main to the University and its stadium anchoring either end of town, life in Clarion revolves around Main Street. This street has many of the towns better restaurants from fine dining at the Capt Loomis Inn to quick meals like Vinny's, Bob's Sub, the County Seat, and the Pizza Pub. Main Street Clarion also has some of the town's favorite bars such as the Tavern and the University Inn.
More Reviews (36)
- See All The local oil industry
- See All Lucinda's Corn Maze
- See All Fox's Pizza Den - Tylersburg
- See All Washington House - Fryburg
- See All Route 66 -- but not the famous one
Ewingjr98's Related Pages
Lucinda Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Lucinda
- Hotels in Lucinda
- Transportation in Lucinda
- Nightlife in Lucinda
- Restaurants in Lucinda
- Shopping in Lucinda
- Warnings and Dangers in Lucinda
- See All...
Explore the World
- Calvert Cliffs State Park Hotels
- Naga City
- Jejuri Hotels
- Fort Myers Beach
- Male Island
- Vilanova i la Geltru
- North Myrtle Beach Hotels
- Old Chelsea Hotels
- Ko Samet Hotels
- Indiana Hotels
- Simpang Empat Hotels
- Province of Bohol Hotels
- State of Jammu and Kashmir
Badges & Stats in Lucinda
- 38 Reviews
- 166 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (68)
Have you been to Lucinda?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lucinda
Videos in LucindaSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tampa Intro, 283 reviews, 1242 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monterey Intro, 245 reviews, 1123 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington D.C. Intro, 194 reviews, 902 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seoul Intro, 214 reviews, 848 photos, 17 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alexandria Intro, 168 reviews, 735 photos, 8 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 140 reviews, 697 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Francisco Intro, 107 reviews, 469 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh Intro, 90 reviews, 470 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arlington Intro, 71 reviews, 373 photos, 4 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 81 reviews, 342 photos, 4 travelogues