"Cook Forest" Cook Forest State Park by Ewingjr98

Cook Forest State Park Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 34 photos

When lumberjacks were not felling pine trees, drinking bad liquor, or carousing in town, they amused themselves with song, story, and clog dancing. In the early fall when evenings were still mild, they would sit around punky smudges, smoke, and sing until the very hills seemed to ring with melody.

-- J. Herbert Walker, "Lumberjacks and Raftsmen," from a book titled Pennsylvania Songs and Legends, 1979.

I grew up in Lucinda, Pennsylvania, just 10 miles from Cook Forest State Park. This area is where I learned to swim, where I learned to fish, and where I took my first canoe trips down the mighty Clarion River. As a kid, we spent many summer days here at the water slides, go carts, picnic areas, and horse rides.

• Last visit to Cook Forest State Park: Aug 2006
  • Intro Updated Jul 2, 2009

• Aug 11, 2009 at 12:14 PM

have you or yours ever heard or remember a bar/restuarant called tillys/ pls email me back @ GSILVERMAN@SOCAL.RR.COM AND LET ME KNOW. i USE TO GO THERE WITH MY PARENTS NEXT TO OUR CAMP IN THE 1970'S SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS. EMAIL ALL LOWER CASE.

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    Sep 2, 2008 at 10:50 AM

This really brings back wonderful memories. Many years ago my landlady took me there, when I was studying in Clarion. Thanks so much for reminding me of this trip.

• SteveOSF's Profile Photo
    Jul 5, 2008 at 2:31 PM

Looks like a beautiful spot. Nice pictures!

• Lacristina's Profile Photo
    Feb 19, 2007 at 12:21 AM

One of my favorite places...I go here every winter to cross country ski, and always do the fire trail road and then walk out to the overlook. It's been a couple of year, but I love fly fishing here, too. Thanks for reminding me.

Ewingjr98

“"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." ~ Ernest Hemingway”

Badges & Stats in Cook Forest State Park

Have you been to Cook Forest State Park?

Latest Activity in Cook Forest State Park