"Cook Forest" Cook Forest State Park by Ewingjr98
Cook Forest State Park Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 34 photos
When lumberjacks were not felling pine trees, drinking bad liquor, or carousing in town, they amused themselves with song, story, and clog dancing. In the early fall when evenings were still mild, they would sit around punky smudges, smoke, and sing until the very hills seemed to ring with melody.
-- J. Herbert Walker, "Lumberjacks and Raftsmen," from a book titled Pennsylvania Songs and Legends, 1979.
I grew up in Lucinda, Pennsylvania, just 10 miles from Cook Forest State Park. This area is where I learned to swim, where I learned to fish, and where I took my first canoe trips down the mighty Clarion River. As a kid, we spent many summer days here at the water slides, go carts, picnic areas, and horse rides.
Near the Wolford Schoolhouse is the Old Wolford Farm, where my grandfather and his 12 brothers and sisters were raised.... more travel advice
Located at the intersection of Route 36 and Wolford Road in Sigel, PA, just five miles east of Cook Forest is the old... more travel advice
Ewingjr98's Related Pages
Cook Forest State Park Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Cook Forest State Park
- 6 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (100)
Have you been to Cook Forest State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cook Forest State Park
- Posted in Travel Tokyo Forum "Re: How do I get to Narisawa..."
- Wrote a Review Wolford Farm, Sigel, PA in Cook Forest State Park Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Wolford Farm, Sigel, PA"
- updated a Cook Forest State Park Travel Page "Cook Forest"
- Commented on one of Lhenne1's Cook Forest State Park travel pages
Photos in Cook Forest State ParkSee All Photos (30)
Top 10 Pages
- Tokyo Intro, 311 reviews, 1710 photos, 37 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 341 reviews, 1636 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seoul Intro, 264 reviews, 1291 photos, 30 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tampa Intro, 283 reviews, 1243 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monterey Intro, 245 reviews, 1123 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington D.C. Intro, 194 reviews, 902 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alexandria Intro, 168 reviews, 735 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Francisco Intro, 107 reviews, 473 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh Intro, 90 reviews, 470 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arlington Intro, 71 reviews, 373 photos, 4 travelogues