"Biloxi -- Weathering the storm" Top 5 Page for this destination Biloxi by Ewingjr98

Biloxi Travel Guide: 257 reviews and 714 photos

I made two visits to Biloxi, Mississippi before Hurricane Katrina... In fall of 1998 I spent 3 months here, living in D'Iberville but working and playing in Biloxi. During this visit, we were hit by Hurricane Georges and were forced to evacuate north to Columbus, Mississippi. While here, we became regular fans of the Mississippi Seawolves, attending just about every home game, and we also became regular customers of Adventures Bar downtown.

In 2002 I returned to do some work in Gulfport, but spent most of my time in Biloxi. This visit was only for a week, so I didn't have time to do a whole lot.

I returned to Biloxi from 18 July through 5 August 2006 and was surprised at the devastation caused by Hurricane Katrina, but impressed with the recovery that is clearly under way. Biloxi will be a better city in the long run.

I returned again in late August 2006, with just a quick stop here between Atlanta and New Orleans.

• Last visit to Biloxi: Aug 2006
  • Intro Updated Sep 4, 2012

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Jul 14, 2008 at 4:27 PM

Though painful to see, I looked at every single t'log pic. Tears came to my eyes as I saw familiar sights reduced to rubble - Beauvoir - Edgewater Village - Sharkhead where I often went to snoop as it was near our Motel. Biloxi will recover - eventually!!

• SteveOSF's Profile Photo
    Apr 1, 2008 at 1:52 PM

Excellent page on Biloxi. Your photos and description of the damage by Hurricane Katrina are remarkable.

Ewingjr98 Visits Here Frequently!

Ewingjr98

“"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." ~ Ernest Hemingway”

Badges & Stats in Biloxi